Fluval Mini Pressurized CO2 kit

TetraLover

Has anyone tried this kit? It looks small and it's affordable enough, I was thinking of getting it for my 20gal to help the plants a bit. I also want some more plants that I can only get if I have the CO2 -.-;;

http://www.kensfish.com/product2843.html

I know it says it's for 15 gal, but heck, probably would be fine on the 20, it's only 5 more gallons.

I just got this, I like it so far. BUT if you are handy a DIY paintball co2 setup would be more cost effective :)

Edit: I'm using it on a 5 gallon. The one annoying thing about it is that you have to remember to manually fill the diffuser every day. And the little co2 holder doesn't fit on aquariums with a rim.

Edited by tithra

I really wanted to try the paintball diy setup but there were so many little parts you had to get and I had no idea where to get them, I got overwhelmed so I bought this lol. But I do think diy is probably the better way to go just in terms of cost :)

I am starting a DIY setup today for my tropical tank. It is much cheaper than the fluval and you don't need to buy costly refills ;)

I am actually going to take lots of pictures of my trials and errors lol

If youre using CO2 for the first time just remember to be aware of the night-time drop in available oxygen in your tank.

Without a solenoid system, unless you turn it off manually every day, you will still be adding CO2 overnight but your plants will stop putting out O2 and that can be a problem (i.e. starve your fish/filter bacteria of oxygen) if you are well aerated (i.e. bubblewands/venturis/good surface aggitation) and not overstocked that probably wouldnt be a problem, especially if you are aware of the possibility and plan for it. Just thought id mention it!

Good luck with your CO2 however you add it - and you too Ashlee

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the DIY with the soda bottles and I think I might try that. Just need some silicone, tubing, and yeast. We go thru a lot of soda on pizza night, lol.

I've got Arizona tea jugs too...wonder if those would work...