n00bs

Locke

Went to the LFS about 3 weeks ago, they had new Oranda in (which they mistakenly labelled "lionheads", again). Grabbed two, without even thinking. Since I didn't have a set QT tank, I had to take them to a friends, where he had a cycled tank w/ nothing in them. Preferably, I would have left them there a little longer but, he needed the tank for a Oscar he was getting.

I AM SUPER EXCITED to present Merrick and, Giles.

Merrick

16jan11280.jpg

16jan11258.jpg

Giles

16jan11023.jpg

16jan11010.jpg

16jan11159.jpg

16jan11237.jpg

And Helo says "yo".

16jan11321.jpg

In addition, I've rehomed my bristlenose pleco. He has been destroying my giant anubias.

I love how evenly distributed their wen is and how long their tails are. Good find! And I just realized now how huge the driftwood in your tank is. :)

Thanks guys! Yes, I'm very happy. They've had these "lionheads" as they always label them (even though I've corrected them several times about what is, and isn't a lionhead). I've identified them (as far as I can tell) as Thai Oranda. I had one before, you may remember Chubs. He passed after nearly 8 months in my tank. I'm hoping to have much better luck w/ these two. They both are very active, and seemingly healthy, so my fingers are crossed.

Thanks guys! Yes, I'm very happy. They've had these "lionheads" as they always label them (even though I've corrected them several times about what is, and isn't a lionhead). I've identified them (as far as I can tell) as Thai Oranda. I had one before, you may remember Chubs. He passed after nearly 8 months in my tank. I'm hoping to have much better luck w/ these two. They both are very active, and seemingly healthy, so my fingers are crossed.

Some pet shops here label them that as well. For around 13 years since I was a kid, I mistakenly called orandas as lionheads. It was only when I got back into the hobby and had access to the internet for research that I was able to educate myself. So how many goldfish all in all do you have now, Locke?