Sign in to follow this  
lindsea

fish bridge... can it be done?

Okay, so I keep seeing these awesome clear acrylic tunnels connecting aquariums on youtube. They describe a lot of complicated powerhead stuff for keeping the pressure okay for tanks at different heights and for keeping proper flow. They all seem to have relatively small fish though. Have any of you made a fish bridge? If so, how did you do it and do your fish actually use it? What size piping did you use? I am super curious about themn if the fish use it, I bet it would look soooo cool!

There are two bridged tanks for sale around here, and they look so cool. But I agree that they are made for small fish. I just see an acident waiting to happen with bigger clumsy goldies. But a big one would be amazing! I can't help, but good luck!!!

Exactly! I saw one goldfish fishbridge but it was for tanks at the same level and for small feeders. Sort of like a proof of concept. I really hope someone here has done it for larger fish!

Btw, I love your harry potter fish! What a perfect name!

Thanks. Not only did he have the "scar," I saw him at the store the day the final movie came out. But he lost the mark after about 2 months.

About the tunnel: It's not quite diy, but you could find a company that works with acrylic and see if they could do it for you.

Problem with goldfish is they get to big to do this with. I thought about that, but how do you handle a fish that is 6" in width and keep the pressure going in the tank... I just dont see it. Would be cool though :thumb:

AHHH I love it! I am on my phone now but you hit it perfectly. Big fish, big pipes, perfect! I will check it out tomorrow morning. Thank you!!

That is really cool! I'd love to see some goldies in a tank like that. Keep us posted on what you find out!

I am guessing the amount of time the fish use the bridge is inversely related to how long the bridge is. I guess I, too, would feel pretty claustrophobic in anything that small, especially if it were longer. The success in the youtube video looks like it is only because the bridge is so little. Does this sound fair?

The music choice, epic.