Sign in to follow this  
nicholastiwari@yahoo.com

Spinach

Hey guys,

I fed my goldfish peas yesterday, and to my surprise, they devoured them. I got some spinach in a bag (ready pac) and wondered

If i could give this to them. Will the

Pesticides harm them?

why would there be pesticides in a ready pac bag of spinach? if you have doubts do not feed it..

spinach and other vegetables need to be boiled soft and cooled prior to feeding.

is "ready pac" when it's prepared and available for sale for human consumption? if yes, then the product is fine.. but you still need to boil it soft so that it's very limp and easily torn with no effort. then it is ready for goldfish feeding.

put some tank water in a small pot and boil the spinach you are preparing for your goldies in that.. remember to allow it to cool prior to feeding.

if "ready pac" is not what i think it is, then you need to soak it and rinse it well a few times before you boil it in tank water for your goldies.

Stakos is right, anything that is safe for human consumption is safe for our fish.

Yes, they spray pesticides on the spinach, but they do the same thing for the peas. There are no vegetables in our markets that don't have some sort of pesticide sprayed on them while they are growing!

You can always get the organic spinach pacs :)

I grew my own spinach when I lived in Florida. It was green with purple undersides and pointy leaves, can't remember what the name was, but it grew liek a weed....I grew my own peas too. Just another option to avoid pesticides, just grow your own!

Many grocery stores sell the Earth Bound brand of organic produce, or probably also other brands. Or go to an organic foods store if you are too worried about the pesticides :)

WholeFoods if you have one. All there Veggies are locally grown normally and have no pests on them :thumb: