X-ray

molbert73

• Admin

When i did an Autopsy on Dede when she passed, (shes the one that had Dropsy's 3 times (for those that dont know her) Her swim bladder had two chambers, this is why I know the fish in the Xray had a problem right a way. Goldfish need both bladders to keep them self's balanced. If one of them collapses the goldfish can keep them self's up right.

Goldfish I think are very interesting creatures. :thumb:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone about Tater Tot :)

Glad I could share it with all of you :)

It almost looks like maybe there never was a second swim bladder????

It almost looks like maybe there never was a second swim bladder????

If there was a point when she was swimming normally, then odds are she did have one :)

You say she was sunk on her back in the end? I'm thinking that maybe the caudal lobe was fluid filled and thus didn't show up on the x-rays? That would have also accounted for her being sunk and on her back.

She was never totally right from the day I brought her home. I had her for about a year and she slowly got worse. It went from minor headstanding to having to rest under a leaf to flipped on her back on the bottom of the tank :(

It is actually one bladder.. with two lobes.

On the x-ray it seems that the caudal lobe is completely missing. Might be a result of an infection.

I had something similar with one of my SVR a couple of months back. On the pic you see the caudal lobe is very small. Might be a result of an infection (black spots on the cranial lobe, also liver and kidneys were very pale suggesting bacterial infection).

autopsie5.jpg