Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

A New Year Video Update of the Tanks :)

Hello everyone,

I just thought I update with videos of everyone. Toshiro passed away a few weeks ago, and Ulquiorra didn't participate in the filming, since he is not in a 10g by himself. He's on a diet exclusively of homemade gel food, while the others are now being fed Pro-Gold. These videos are made while during their evening feeding actually. Everyone loves Pro-Gold! :)

55 Gallon Tank

There are 7 in here right now, temporarily, as I am doing my Prazi rounds. After that, I may move Adolf (the biggest oranda in the tank) & Byakuya (oranda as well) to the 100, after I've added the 29 gallon sump to increase total gallonage. Alternately, I may move 2 of the 7 into a 20g. I haven't quite decided yet, since I have a couple more weeks. :)

100 Gallon Tank

Nelliel now reigns over the 9 orandas. Everyone is doing very well (fins crossed, knock on wood keep healthy). I am in negotiations to get a 29 gallon sump for the tank. I will keep the HOBs on the tank, along with the sump, but will move the Eheim canister to the 55g.

So, there are lots going on in the fish tanks with the new year. Enjoy, and thank you for watching :D

Edited by dnalex

Absolutely beautiful, Alex! Your big orange and white oranda looks like what I hope Fred will look like (other than exact color of course) once he gets rid of his awful black marks and I can put some weight on him. :)

Go Nerds!!!!!! I can see some brain muscle forming!

Big guys look elegant as usual!

Aww :wub: You must have a difficult time choosing your favorite! :) Perhaps you dont ....I wouldn't be able to as they are each of them so precious!!!!! :heart

In the first video the music is so well chosen it is really just as if they are dancing in time with their little wiggles and shuffles..and the second tank..I really like the black sand so much. How it is to clean and keep? It looks stunning.

As do your fish :heart

Looking good Alex! :]

Just amazing and beautiful :) I could watch your video's all day :) how many of each type do you have now?? good luck with the sump project :)

I love your oranda tank! (I might be slightly jealous ;) )

Great videos Alex! I wish you could have heard my 3 year old commenting on the first video.

Alex, I always look forward to your video updates! (you have a great knack for choosing just the right music)

Your fish are looking beautiful, as always. Both tanks are gorgeous and both so different.

Sorry about the loss of Toshiro. Fancy goldfish keeping certainly has it's ups and downs. It's sure not an easy hobby.

I always love seeing videos and pics of your tanks.

Whats the name of the fish with the Mustache... to darn cute :thumb:

Absolutely beautiful, Alex! Your big orange and white oranda looks like what I hope Fred will look like (other than exact color of course) once he gets rid of his awful black marks and I can put some weight on him. :)

Thank you, Elli. I'm sure Fred will do very well in your care.

Btw, Captain Yamamoto came from a Chinese LFS in Garland :)

Go Nerds!!!!!! I can see some brain muscle forming!

Big guys look elegant as usual!

Thank you, Federica! :)

I love them all, but I am most proud of the nerds with this update. They are growing up, finally! :)

Aww :wub: You must have a difficult time choosing your favorite! :) Perhaps you dont ....I wouldn't be able to as they are each of them so precious!!!!! :heart

In the first video the music is so well chosen it is really just as if they are dancing in time with their little wiggles and shuffles..and the second tank..I really like the black sand so much. How it is to clean and keep? It looks stunning.

As do your fish :heart

Thank you, Imo! I do have the most difficult time choosing a favorite. So, they are all my favorites :)

Thank you about the music, and I really love the Tahitian moon sand! It's not very hard to maintain, especially since I have only about 1/4 inch or less layer in most places. The fish must be turning the entire substrate over a couple of times daily looking for food, so I don't really see much accumulating on the substrate at all. On WCs, I pass the python over the entire surface. :)

Looking good Alex! :]

Thank you, Luke! :)

Just amazing and beautiful :) I could watch your video's all day :) how many of each type do you have now?? good luck with the sump project :)

Thank you, Shelly! :)

Right now, I have mostly orandas, 3 telescopes, 1 lionhead, and 2 fantails :)

I love your oranda tank! (I might be slightly jealous ;) )

Thank you! Hahaha. I'm jealous of your babies! :)

Alex they are so beautiful, I am sorry to hear about toshiro, I totally get the oranda thing! They are lovely. I've never seen any calico orandas in person yet.

Ooh, next time I am in Plano visiting my friend I will have to find this place in Garland and check it out!

Great videos Alex! I wish you could have heard my 3 year old commenting on the first video.

LOL. Thank you! I'm glad the video entertained :D

Alex, I always look forward to your video updates! (you have a great knack for choosing just the right music)

Your fish are looking beautiful, as always. Both tanks are gorgeous and both so different.

Sorry about the loss of Toshiro. Fancy goldfish keeping certainly has it's ups and downs. It's sure not an easy hobby.

Thank you, kaytee! :)

I always love seeing videos and pics of your tanks.

Thank you! Likewise, I love seeing your tanks and fish :)

Whats the name of the fish with the Mustache... to darn cute :thumb:

Which one is it, Koko, and which tank? :)

Alex they are so beautiful, I am sorry to hear about toshiro, I totally get the oranda thing! They are lovely. I've never seen any calico orandas in person yet.

Thank you, Cindy :)

Ooh, next time I am in Plano visiting my friend I will have to find this place in Garland and check it out!

Let me know when you go and I will give you the address. (I'll have to look it up first, but it should not be difficult at all).

Very nice vids! Such pretty wiggly butts. LOL

I'm so sorry to hear about Toshiro :(

They all are so gorgeous! Out of your 100g crew I love the calico that blocks the view at 0:30, and the other calico in the background at 1:00 the most, I think. But it's hard to pick favorites in tanks full of beautiful fish :D

Very nice vids! Such pretty wiggly butts. LOL

I'm so sorry to hear about Toshiro :(

Thank you, Red :)

They all are so gorgeous! Out of your 100g crew I love the calico that blocks the view at 0:30, and the other calico in the background at 1:00 the most, I think. But it's hard to pick favorites in tanks full of beautiful fish :D

Thank you, Fang :)

The calico at 0:30 is Jyushiro. She's the one with the floaty issue I told you about, and now she is totally normal and eating tons. The calico at 1:00 is the male, dad of the 3 fry remaining. The mom is the last of the calico orandas in the tank :)

they're beautiful alex...

i love the panda telescope imposter in your oranda tank :)

I just watched the first video on youTube, I didn't realize that was you. :lol1 Very pretty babies as always. :9

Beautiful! I still covet Captain :P I will trade you Chef. He is still a nice jet black...no bronzing or anything. Sound appealing? lol

Second Video big White. Red cap Oranda with a Stashe :)

Wow thats a lot of fish. Would love some full tank videos.

I absolutely second this!

The calico at 0:30 is Jyushiro. She's the one with the floaty issue I told you about, and now she is totally normal and eating tons. The calico at 1:00 is the male, dad of the 3 fry remaining. The mom is the last of the calico orandas in the tank :)

Oh I see! The improvement in swimming is amazing! I hope Wakka will turn out like that too :)

And the daddy of the fry is gorgeous too! Now they have a new calico oranda at my Petsmart who would perfectly fit in with yours. Or maybe I have already told you about him, I don't know for sure since every timeI see him, I think of your fish and how I wish I had a camera to snap a photo of him :D

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

they're beautiful alex...

i love the panda telescope imposter in your oranda tank :)

Thank you very much, Helen! She gets to rule over those ories :rofl

Eventually, I am going to move her into a 40 breeder, and 2 more butterflies :)

I just watched the first video on youTube, I didn't realize that was you. :lol1 Very pretty babies as always. :9

Thank you, Christine! :)

Second Video big White. Red cap Oranda with a Stashe :)

Hehe. That's Renji (the Second)! He won FOTM this month :P

Beautiful! I still covet Captain :P I will trade you Chef. He is still a nice jet black...no bronzing or anything. Sound appealing? lol

Thank you! Yama-jii tells me I should find you one just like him the next time I go to Dallas! :)

Thank you! There are 10 in that 100g. They were all clustering around the Pro-Gold :)

Hidr & Fang, I will add full tank videos to this thread within the next couple of days :)

Fang, that calico sounds awesome! I'm hoping in a few months, I will have hundreds. I'll be begging people to take them off my hands, if all goes according to plan :D

Edited by dnalex