Goldfish with a spreading? tail problem

Jolly

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double dose the Prazi or the salt? And the Prazi is 4 days with it, 4 days without it in the water right? Should I do 4 rounds total? Just want to make sure I'm doing it right. She is a bit weak tonight...we got a little food in her and cooled the water down a bit with some ice cubes and that seemed to help a little. She is still bottom sitting a lot. :( Hope she perks up soon.

Yes, double dose. One round is 4 days with, and 3 days without. :)

Double dose the Prazi? Or the salt? :) Sorry...just don't want to do it wrong.

I am sorry to report that Pucca passed away last night. :( She stopped moving around 1am and we figured it was the end, but waited until morning to make sure. I will miss that fish. She was a fighter. Now she can report to her fish friend Garu that died the first week how crazy living in our apartment was.

I have a couple of questions. We are going to give her a water burial in a lake nearby today as soon as I'm off work as I can't bring myself to flush her. Do we need to get a new fish right away to keep the cycle going? I really can't imagine life now without a fish in it and I do want another one. We are going to look tonight, but I want to make sure we find a healthy one and our selection is limited. Also, how should we clean the tank out? There is Prazi and salt in it now, so I know we need to give a good cleaning, but I also don't want to lose the cycle in case we get another fish or two. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for helping us keep her alive for so long. We couldn't have done it without you all!

Oh, no. I'm so sorry. RIP Pucca. She was a tough fighter, and was extremely lucky to have you and your bf to care for her!

As for the cycle, you can keep it going with a bit of fish food, but the best way is to buy some unscented 10% pure ammonia from Ace Hardware. You can add a few drops of it (1ppm ammonia) to keep the cycle going. I can help more once you get the product.

As for cleaning out the tank, I think a 100% WC and filter rinsing is fine. :)

Thank you for being such an amazing keeper.

Thanks. I will let you know how the fish shopping goes this evening and we'll give the tank and filter a good rinse and get some ammonia just in case. Still can't believe she is gone. I keep expecting her to start swimming again. I think she was miserable though, so I think it was for the best.

I just read through this entire thread and I was so amazed at Pucca fighting spirit. Now that she is gone, I feel a little devastated. I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything and more to help her. Please take care of yourself.

I took pictures of the water "burial"...I'll post them if I figure out how. It was a sad moment.

We went to "look" at fish tonight and I fell in love with two of them. This is a problem because they came home with me...I'll post a video as soon as I can. The tank was cleaned out thankfully. We're letting the bags sit in the tank water to acclimatize now. I know that my 10 gallon is no where NEAR large enough for two of them. We will do frequent water changes and as soon as possible upgrade to at least a 30 gallon tank. :) I need to build a stand. I am hoping that since they are so small (less than 1 inch each), they'll be ok for a little bit. Should we Prazi them since they are new? Also, should we add salt to 0.1%? I figured maybe I should let them get used to their new home for a night or two, but I definitely don't want anything bad getting to them.

Hello. I saw your beautiful fish, and thanks to Pucca, I think you now quite a lot more experience taking care of goldfish, and that's a fantastic thing.

Yes, definitely start Prazi and salt tomorrow. I would do 0.1% salt + Prazi, 4 weekly rounds :)

If you need help with any thing, start a new thread :)

Hello. I saw your beautiful fish, and thanks to Pucca, I think you now quite a lot more experience taking care of goldfish, and that's a fantastic thing.

Yes, definitely start Prazi and salt tomorrow. I would do 0.1% salt + Prazi, 4 weekly rounds :)

If you need help with any thing, start a new thread :)

Thanks. I'll start one this evening so I can put tank parameters up too.