I have a hard time keeping red and white colours in goldies

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem? Any time I've ever had a beautiful red and white fish, the colour always just turns orange. The white turns orange, the red turns orange. Is there any way to help keep those beautiful colourings?

dnalex, i feed them Omega One sinking pellets, don't think it has colour enhancement in it. I used to feed them a food with colour enhancement, but I haven't noticed a change at all with that.

and ashlee, lol I used to have that problem, until I got Eugene (my black moor); I've had him for... hmmm about a year and a half I think, and he's still exactly the same colouration as when I first bought him.

:)

What kind of light are they getting? Any natural sunlight? I've found that can make a difference.

As for foods, I've been feeding primarily Hikari Lionhead for a few years now with great results in terms of color. My moor George stayed completely black for 4 years, and my Penny is pure white now.

Edited by Chrissy_Bee

They do get some natural light, as well as... ummm... I think it's called Flora-Glo fluorescent lighting. I'm not too worried now about colours, as my oranda is just orange (always has been) and my moor is having no trouble keeping his black colour. I'm just thinking for the future! :D