Remember me?

fantailfan1

Well it has been a long time!

I kinda got away from GF for a while--mom with advancing Alzheimer's and a sister diagnosed with breast cancer will kinda lower your GF on your priority list. Not to mention 2 growing kids (now 10 and 8 1/2) AND we got the most adorable puppy in March 2010 (she's not a puppy anymore--she'll be 2 in a couple of weeks). I will have to post pics of her at some point but as some of you may remember I am quite technologically challenged and will probably need my husband to help me post pics . . .

I guess I didn't totally get away from GF. I had my 90 gallon tank and just became overwhelmed with it and all of it's filters and UV sterilizer, etc. Once I was down to 2 fish, I took the tank down and put them in a 20 gallon long. They probably were thinking "What did we do to deserve this?!" Now after about 1-2 years of that tank I purchased a 40 gallon breeder and am in the process of getting it set up--ordered another filter, background, glass top, etc. I expect to set it up in a couple of weeks. I'm excited.

I cannot believe the changes on this site! It looks terrific. I hardly recognize any names and haven't noticed lots of my favorites! I'm looking forward to getting to know many of the people who have joined since I disappeared.

Glad to be back!

Lisa

hey Lisa. I remember you well, welcome back :) There are times when goldfish have to take a back seat but the hobby has a habit of biting back, so glad to see you back with it :)

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" Ah, I'm listening to Hotel California now . .. .

:rofl

Thanks for the warm welcome back!

I need to get the background and then I will set up the tank. Then I'll post some pics.

Now I'm off to read more topics. I feel like a newbie with all the great questions out there. And the tank and GF pics are gorgeous!