New Ranchu very aggressive

I don't think it will. I've floated plastic colanders (many many holes), and the colanders do not sink. What I HAVE done is tying some strings on opposite sites of the colander, and then use the lid and strings to anchor the colander to one place.

Okay, well the container is all holed-up and is hanging at the top with strings, but still, looking at the bites on my pearlscale, its hard for me to trust this guy...I'll probably end up just asking about an exchange...

Ok. I absolutely understand.

That container will still come in handy in the future, in case you need to isolate a fish temporarily, but not removing him/her to QT :)

Don't be embarrassed to ask them. These things happen, even with goldfish. I am sure they will understand. They may not give you a refund, but I imagine they would be happy to make a trade.

As for being afraid of ranchus, I really wouldn't. It can happen with any type of goldfish. Really.

Edited by dnalex

I had a fish like that once too. Normally this can be resolved, however this fish was so extremely aggressive he nearly killed one of my fish and left him with serious injuries, so I had to make the decision to give him away. He was very large so there was just no other option. I did not want to return him to the store so I gave him away to another aquarium society member. I hope u find a solution :)