Sign in to follow this  
Captain Findus Goldfish

My Miracle Child

Okay so about 3/4 months ago Blondie got a terrible attack of dropsy. It was originally fixed with salt dips/ epson salts and MMs. She seemed fine so we put her back in the 85Gal when we left for a long weekend to Marrakech. On our arrival back I was shocked to find a fully pineconed (she was about 3x her size!), ammonia burnt (even if there was no ammonia ever in the tank) and C-Shaped Blondie just floating at the water surface. She had clearly been bullied (just like when they took her eye) as her fins were ALL gone. It was the saddest thing to see. :bye2:

So I scooped her up and put her in a little hospital tank with a heater and a bubbler. I wanted to put her down the next morning. That night, as I was feeding the other fish she sort of reacted to me being around her tank (she was still c-shaped and floating). So bf suggested to try feeding her some medicated food. So I scooped her in my hand and managed to make her eat 2 cut up pellets of MMs. The next morning she was a little less curved, so I decided to let her live since she was still eating. This hand feeding continued a few days until one morning bf runs into the bedroom saying that Blondie was SWIMMING!!!!!! And that was the beginning of her recovery. This was 2 months ago and now I think she has made a full recovery. :9 As you can see her fins and tail are all burn free and almost fully regrown! She has not had fluid retention problems in about 7weeks. I am just so happy! Her color is also getting nice and bright again, and she has a great appetite! Now she just needs to grow a little!

So basically this is just to explain why I always want to give animals a chance to live as long as they eat. I swear I really thought she was NEVER going to make it. She looked horrible. This was nothing short of a miracle!

So here she is now, I took a little video this afternoon. For now she is going to stay in her little hospital tank which still only has heater and bubbler - and recently got a plant :) (I do daily 80% water changes) I am not sure what the future brings for her as I don't want her to get bullied again. For now this will be her home sweet home! :flex:

Fede, that is truly a miraculous thing, and very much a testament to your skills and dedication in nursing her back to health. I'm so happy for you both! :Congrats:

I think this great story highlights how much patience is required to nurse a fish back to health. Sometimes it's even weeks, but months before you see this awesome recovery :)

Awwww yaaaaay! I am so happy she is doing better! :) My favorite little head fish :)

What a great story! :) She is so cute, I'm so happy she was able to pull through all that, kudos to you! :D

My word, poor Blondie has been through so much! Bravo Fede for not giving up on her and being able to rehabilitate her. I hope she holds on for you, that would be so wonderful :)

excellent efforts from the both of you.. :heart

I am so Happy for you both :) they say as long as there is an appetite there is hope :) good for you :)

She looks so well and happy. You did a fantastic nursing job. She's sure a lucky fish!

Awww, that made me smile so big. What a little sweety. I'm so glad she's doing so well. :heart

It is so good to see this video of her :D good job!