Eggs!

lindsey elliott

I woke up and was planning on giving up and cleaning out the tank but one last look and I saw little tiny fry all over! :clapping: I cant believe it! There are about 20 or so. They swim around for a bit but mostly sit on the bottom or on the wall. Do i need to start feeding them yet?

start hatching your brine shrimp :) Congrats on the fry. Like Alex said I would wait to feed them until tomorrow. If you need some shrimp eggs let me know i live in lawrence and frequent KC. I have a coffee can of them so i could probably give you a few ;)

The frozen brine shrimp will probably be to large for them. I would be happy to give you some eggs. I maybe goin to kc tomorrow for a club meeting just not sure yet.

Ill give it a try and if not then we can work something out to meet. :thumb:

sounds good send me a pm if you need them. I could probably give you some already hatched ones as well. I hatch 3-4 jars a day. I have 8 going right now ;)

Edited by Patti

I know the feeling photographing the small fry is difficult. Don't worry they will grow fast over the next month. I can't wait to see your pics when you can finally get a decent shot of them :)

• 1 month later...

The fry are doing awesome! :flex: They are a little over a month old now. There are 21 of them. Most of them are calico and a few are the regular fry green color. I think I will seperate the bigger ones from the smaller ones and put in a small filter. They eat freshly hatched brine shrimp, or frozen and they also love it when i drop in a couple progold pellets. I will take some pics and put them up soon! :D

• 2 months later...