My Ph Is Higher Then 8.0!

• Supporter

you can try to add driftwood and/or plants to your tank to reduce the PH.. but although your PH level is infact high (assuming they used a high range PH test kit? yes?) as long as it remains consistent, there should be no problem.

PH at a high level and choosing to reduce it. if you reduce it too quickly, it could have harmful effects to your fish. when going from low to high range, the risks are fewer.

do you know if 8.8PH from your water source/tap is normal? or have you known it to be less at other times?

If tap and tank are the same and the pH doesn't drop in the tank between the water changes, I would not worry about it. The stability of water parameters is preferable over perfection of water parameters. If you try to lower them, it will be a hassle unless you find a product that instantly reduces the pH to a certain level, and then you will have to keep up with this during every water change.

Exactly. Beneficial bacteria breed frantically and thrive at a high pH like this which is the good flip side.

As long as it remains stable I would not worry. I have had pH 9 from my tap in one home, not great and a worry but the fish were okay and it dropped naturally from the tap over some weeks....I did not do anything special. Remember goldfish can withstand and survive alkaline OD better than acidicity.