Sign in to follow this  
tithra

Goldfish tooth : )

Ever since Stakos posted that picture of a handful of goldie teeth I have been on the lookout for teeth in my tank, and I found one tonight while I was cleaning out my tank!

Just wanted to share with you guys because no one else in my life could appreciate how cool a goldfish tooth is :rofl

EDIT: I am really surprised at how sizable it is!

DSCN0106.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

DSCN0104.jpg

Edited by tithra

Nice! That reminds me again that I need to post a photo of my goldfish tooth collection :D

that's tiny!! how precious :) isn't it an awesome feeling? i have a little jar of goldfish teeth now.. my guests who know nothing about goldfish are highly entertained by them. first it's eeeewwwww what the? then it's oh! look how big that one is!! ahhahahaha... they're fun to have around and see ppl's reactions once they see them.. :P

Very neat! I found one a while ago, and it is now stashed away. Perhaps in time I'll have enough to make necklace out of these shark-like teeth :tomuch:

It's amazing how normal this place makes me feel :rofl the thought of keeping a jar of them had not crossed my mind, but it would be an interesting conversation piece! :D

Ok! So silly question coming from me!......................... :rolleyes: .......................................How do you get them out of the tank! I have got a few teeth on the bottom but they wont suck up the syphon and they are too tiny for me to pick up! Perhaps now my nails are a little longer it might be easier, anyway how do you do it? ;)

i use a small fish net.. i can't use it for anything else and for some reason i refused to throw it out.. all you need to do is woosh it around near the tooth so it can lift and catch it with the net whilst it's falling again :)

woah! this is my first time to see one! ive never seen one in my tank! maybe my fishes doent have teeth! lol. time to get them dentures. lol

Doh! Oh Helen, make perfect sense! Too much wine for me tonight! :alc

woah! this is my first time to see one! ive never seen one in my tank! maybe my fishes doent have teeth! lol. time to get them dentures. lol

:rofl

You will, in due time. They wear out and replace teeth all the time :)

How cool is that :) I wonder why I never see any in my tanks?? do the goldfish have to be big or older before they start to lose them??

Very neat tithra :D I've been collecting my goldies' teeth now for some time, it really is cool. Back when I had my Koi in QTbefore I released them into my pond, I would find their teeth as well - 'let me tell you, what a size difference! Lol.

Wheres the tooth fairy :lol

Wow! The teeth are so awesome! My hubby says 'who would collect teeth?' to the wifey here who kept her cresteds baby teeth.. hahaha! Thank you for sharing your collection.

holy crap, this is all news to me! i guess cuz i have gravel and i mix it with crushed coral, i would have never known!! how neato!!!!!!