i got Apple Snails again :)

Helen

• Supporter

after much consideration, i decided to go applesnails again.. i talk through all this video.. the ryukins engaged in soccer whilst the totts were not phased.

Edited by stakos

• Supporter

Mmmmh live food! :rofl

These snails are awesome :)

hehe... the ryu's and ET will stop at nothing.. they've ruined my plants and now the snails are getting know what soccer is all about lol... i can say though.. 2 of them are now exploring the tank and the fish are leaving them alone.. so good to see :)

looks fantastic :) i love your tanks :) what did you get 4 for each tank??poor snails ;) i'm sure they'll adjust (lol)

thanks shell, yes, i got 8 snails in total and put 4 in each tank. two are doing well at the moment, i am hoping the other two will say hi soon also.

Funny video! I have 1 big apple snail and dude is gross.. very dirty, but he's cool so we keep him around! Your tanks are beautiful! Thanks 4 sharing.

thanks Charms, they sure are very dirty.. but they are so beautiful.. i missed having snails. i waited over a year for the LFS to bring in a good size snail, finally they did and i snapped them all up :)

I do really like the snails,what is the rule per gallon with these guys again?my lps got a bunch of blue ones right now ;)

2.5 gallons a piece is what applesnail.net recommends :)

• Supporter

kind of yes and kind of no.. but no where near as much as their first day.. so i am hoping for more improvement as time goes on. i do realize that i will need to feed them in a bowl, the ryus are too aggressive at feeding time as it is.. there is NEVER any food left at all and the snails a so slow. the "lets attack the snail" period has reduced to about 5-6 times a day now :)

I love your snails! Remember when I got one and he died :(

I would love to put one in one of the betta tanks but I am afraid of bringing in some disease, or having too much poop around!