Should I start prazi?

pandamanda111

I want to treat my fish for flukes just in case. Tithra suggested I wait 5 days and test my ammonia each day to see if my cycle can handle it. Its day 4, and my ammonia has remained at 0.25 (same as in my tap.). Should i start prazi tomorrow or the next day? Should I do a 50%ish wc tomorrow before starting prazi? Should I keep my tank at 0.1% salt? Can someone give me a link on how to use prazi or explain how?

Thanks!

-Mandie

Okay, would you be able to get your water tested? I know it's christmas and that probably makes it tough. My concern is that we are not testing for nitrites so we have no idea what level those are at. If you are not able to get it tested today, would you be able to save a sample of your water before you change it and take it to be tested monday or tuesday? (a nitirite test kit would be really good for you to have :) ) (you can alternatively also take it to be tested after another 5 day, just take a sample of your water before you change it next time)

I would suggest an 80% water change just in case there is any nitrite build up (again it's important to find this out, as nitrite poisoning can cause the blood to not be able to carry oxygen effectively, eventually resulting in suffocation of your fish).

Then add back in 7 tsp of salt (this will keep the tank at 9 tsp). You will keep salt at .1% for the first two rounds of prazi.

You will want to do 4-5 'rounds' of prazi. Here is the schedule:

Day 0: Water change (80%), add 1/2 tsp of prazi (add back in 7 tsp of salt)

Day 5: water change (80%), add 1/2 tsp of prazi (add back in 7 tsp of salt)

Day 10: water change (50-80%), add 1/2 tsp of prazi (don't add salt)

Day 15: water change (50-80%), add 1/2 tsp of prazi

Day 20: water change (50-80%), add 1/2 tsp of prazi

Let me know if you have questions :)

Edited by tithra