Sign in to follow this  
shellbell4ever

Bad Blood worms?

I recently read on another topic (http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96365-very-confused-about-goldfish-food/) that there was a problem with frozen blood worms??I have been using these for years with no problems and this is the first i've heard of it??can anyone explain or direct me to where this is coming from??

Thanks for any help in advance :)

I think it is frozen tubifex which is most dangerous. Bloodworms should be fine.

Shell, go back to that thread. :) It is off or unknown brands of frozen bloodworms which are questionable. Hikari are trusted to be safe. :)

What about Omega One? Okay? Please say yes lol

I have never used Omega One frozen blood worms, but I am a huge fan of this company's goldfish pellets. The two brands of frozen blood worms that I now use are Hikara and H20 Life. The reason why I picked these is that both use a 3-step sterilization process to get rid of pathogens. So far so good :)

I have also used the San Franciso Bay brand and have not seen any problems yet :)

OK thanks everyone :) I have always used the Hikari brand :) so I am ok then ;) sighs in relief ;)

glad you asked Shell! I panicked last night too after reading a couple recent posts about blood worms. I use Hikari as well.