15 GF IN 50 US GALLONS, HELP!

i know how u feel, my dad disagrees with me on absolutely everything when it comes to my pets, and it drives me nuts. we fight constantly, im so glad to live on my own now. good luck with ur situation, i hope it all works out for u and ur fish :)

How frustrating, I think you having your own tank and maybe keeping it in your bedroom is the solution here. One outcome of this might be that when your fish do much better, they might learn their leason.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I just want to say congrats and getting your dad to come round :D when I kept coming home with things like gravel cleaners, tapsafe etc to bring with me back to university, my dad was just like "why do you keep spending a fortune on two goldfish??" lol oh parents. luckily my mum keeps a tropical so she understands my errrr.. obsession haha.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I just want to say congrats and getting your dad to come round :D when I kept coming home with things like gravel cleaners, tapsafe etc to bring with me back to university, my dad was just like "why do you keep spending a fortune on two goldfish??" lol oh parents. luckily my mum keeps a tropical so she understands my errrr.. obsession haha.

:D i believe its a christmas blessing that my dad came to his senses to know that i did my research (he was the one telling me to research any pet i'm going to get, THIS IS WHERE YOU HELPED ME KOKOS!! You guys are the best) and i know what is right for the fish, and i can't wait to get my tank, and watch my fancies grow up that i have had for almost 2 months :) they are doing *****OK****** in the tubs at the moment, they look a little down but they should be fine for a couple of days.

HEY GUYS!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!?!? Oh and i woke up christmas day and i found A 55 GALLON TANK :D, i set it up today in my room! (i made sure to thank my dad) and my 4 fantail goldfish (i will upload pictures, i just don't know when) swimming in it now! i put the stuff from the old tank filter, gravel, air stone etc into the new tank ;) and now i'm waiting for my second filter to establish which i got (another canister filter) and i got em swimming in their right now, they still look a little stressed and i'm going to do a water change in 3 days (50%) and hopefully they perk up soon. they were happy before but then the .. umm common goldfish came in and started bullying them D: but they can't be bullied now :D they are by themselves. Happy Holidays.

I don't know how they even managed to get it in soo late at night, i guess i sleep quite heavily. apparently it was outside towards the side of the house and i walked past it and didn't even notice it! wow i must have been in a rushs to play on my xBox O.o

Edited by RabbiehxGoldfishxLover

Hi! You need to set up a photobucket account (it's free), then upload your pics from the computer to the photobucket page. Then once your pics are uploaded there if you hover over them you will see a few different options, click on the 'direct link' one. This will copy the link. Then in your post on koko's click the 'picture' button and paste the link into the url space :D

I use photobucket as well. I am about as computer dumb as you can get and I figured it out! Photobucket makes posting pics easy. Just be sure not to delete any photos from your account our any photos you post on the forum will be lost.

umm yes, my dad got the old tank with all the other fish (common goldfish), he put it in the hallway, he bought a filter for it and he is housing the commons in my old tank. i got everything else to put into the tank from that old tank, i would never dispose of poor fishies :( but he has the 50 gallon, he has the 9 commons + the fish that my relatives bought which would equal 11 goldfish in the tank ... Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got caught up on this thread - - so happy for you!