Sign in to follow this  
GoldfishJoe

My New Fish! Banana!

So my new Ranchu is called Banana, and he has no Pectoral fins!

They are just little stumps, its so funny because when he swims he moves his tiny stumps crazyily. But so far he is doing fine.

Just thought id share my new special baby!

Congrats on the new fish!

Do the fins look like the fins could have recently gotten injured? I wonder if they could re-grow or if they are deformed. If you can post pics sometimes, that would be great, not just about the fins!

I always like seeing people's fish, and with me having a little lionhead called Banana, I'm curious about your little fella! :D

Congrats!

Looking forward to pics! :)

sounds cute! I really want to see pics! :theater:

Congrats on the new fish!

Do the fins look like the fins could have recently gotten injured? I wonder if they could re-grow or if they are deformed. If you can post pics sometimes, that would be great, not just about the fins!

I always like seeing people's fish, and with me having a little lionhead called Banana, I'm curious about your little fella! :D

I actually have a confession to make, he's your Banana's twin, he's the reason i called him banana, He's a golden Ranchu lol

And i dont know he has his pectoral fins, its just they are so small and tiny, like little stimps, so i dont know if he was injured but they are both exactly the sae size. So it might be a deformity, hes like Nemo.

aw he's so cute!

"Banana" makes sense. Nice little fish. Great color.

Awww how cute! Make sure to post some of Banana in the water. I am curious about the pectoral stumps! :)

405556_2041964988363_1821503737_1343157_1046566145_n.jpg

Hes a wriggler, he likes to do ballet, he swims in circles alot, they dont seem to bother him, i kinda feel for the little guy, i think he finds it hard to swim up to the top to get food with everyone else, and when he grazes on the bottom he hasnt got very good aim and sometimes misses food right infront of him :( lol

Awww cute guy! I can see how the missing of his pectorals can give him trouble sometimes. These fins are important for swimming in a certain direction. If he seems happy overall though and gets his share of food, then there shouldn't be need to worry about him though :)

Guest Halloween

Awwww, cute!! I have a koi with the same fin anomaly, he gets around amazingly well and I sometimes for get he's missing his pectoral fins.

Make sure the little has a place where he can rest from time to time. Like a plant lean to, trust me :thumb:

Jupiter has pectoral problems cause of a bad bad case of fin roit, long story, but I make sure to have a plant that she can tuck under it and rest :thumb: