Sign in to follow this  
cgochanour

Favorite Goto Food

I was just curious of everyone's favorite goto foods for your goldfish?

I have been using shrimp pellets daily and steamed peas every other day.

Just seems they enjoy the shrimp pellets the most.

I feed primarily gel food.

My favorite foods to feed are bloodworms and peas because they get so excited for these, but I only feed these 1-2x/week :)

Whats the gel foods consist of?

I'll have to pick up some bloodworms

There are some great recipes on the forum in the food section :)

It's a homemade food, I make mine with salmon, pumpkin, red pepper, kale, garlic, a probiotic, peas, and I use an agar agar base instead of gelatin because it is good for fish that have swim bladder issues.

Make sure you get frozen bloodworms not freeze dried, they will love them :)

cool thanks alot. I'll take a look around(prolly should have done that first). :D

I feed mainly Mazuri Gel Food. But once or twice a week they get frozen bloodworms (thawed, of course) & they go nuts!! FEEDING FRENZY!!!!!!

I also drop in some fruit or veggies (what ever fresh thing I am preparing they get a little)!

I got bloodworms and they just let them sink to the bottom and basically ignore them. They

do eat them eventually but seems like they make more of a mess for me the the fish actually

like them.

I got bloodworms and they just let them sink to the bottom and basically ignore them. They

do eat them eventually but seems like they make more of a mess for me the the fish actually

like them.

Really!? I am really surprised... mine get so excited! Bummer... maybe they just aren't sure about them yet or something!? (like when you try to give veggies to a fish who has not seen them before and they are just not interested the first few times)

I feed Progold mostly. They used to get bloodworms but I am allergic apparently.

Progold mostly :thumb:

Just tried earth worms... that was a joke :tomuch: Didnt even take a taste. I mean really :o