Sign in to follow this  
Tiffken813

Look what ya'll have done to me...

My daughter was watching Sesame Street this morning and Elmo came on. First thing I think was, is that a comet goldfish? THen I thought Elmo shouldn't keep that fish in that little bowl, it just reinforces the wrong impression of keeping gold fish in bowls. lol. But really, I sure hate to see that. Poor fish. =(

Yes My eldest and I watch Elmo's world and I reinforce with her all the time that Dorothy is a goldfish and that she shouldn't be in a bowl. She loooves looking at the fish auctions with me and looks at the fish on the site too. She likes the 'fish with the head thing' (orandas) and loooves bubble eyes and says she wants bubble eyes too. She loves bubbles lol.

I know what you mean!! I do that with every show I see fish on. I actually sent an email to the discovery channel about the fish in a bowl on river monsters. Never got a reply tho:( it made me mad because the show is about a freshwater fish biologist and he had that on his show. You would think he would know better??????

Kiera loves to watch elmo. One day we were watching and Dorothy was getting her "well-fish" checkup. She got the all clear but appeared to have ich!

If you have watched the show long enough, and are observant, you will have noticed that there have been several "Dorothy's" on the show. I once heard in rumor that they keep the fish in a separate tank when not on the air. I don't know if there is any truth to that. Maybe they have a tank with a number of different fish, and put a fish in the bowl when it is time to film. That could explain all the differetn fish I keep seeing. Benefit of the doubt, ya know?

Still, I would rather see Dorothy swimming around in at least a 10 gal tank.