another supplier's video and 2 more of what came home with me :)

Helen

• Supporter

went to suppliers today :) i decided to take more video from one section of his small shop. he fills it well :)

remember, this is the fish i wanted, and came home with :) i have decided to call her Anastasia :)

enjoy :)

Edited by stakos

• Supporter

now.. just as i was leaving. geoffrey bagged this little guy for me. i didn't want him as i am not wanting to keep oranda's anymore due to the horrible time of swim bladder i experienced with Sir Loyn the entire time he was with me. after a few arguments and sticking to the fact i do not want to upset my good supplier, i had to accept his freebie. he said he had faith in me and was determined that i give keeping orandas another shot again. so.. in with the totts he went. this is a trial run.. but i know that i most likely won't keep him as i want telescopes. so we will just buy some time and return him when i next visit.

Edited by stakos

You are lucky to have a pet store with such nice looking fish. Those discus are way nicer than the ones we can get locally here. Those flowerhorns were pretty nice too. Looks like you scored a few nice fish as well.

Awesome vids, Helen! Anastasia really does have some junk in the trunk. Geez, I didn't realize the Oranda was so small.....looked like he was huge when he was in the bag. Great score as always! :ehh

Omg Helen, I'm dying for those Discus...but in any case - many congrats on the new addition thanks for sharing all the videos with us! 'Looking forward to seeing that new Ryu more often :)

susan, i mention in my threads that geoffrey qt's for me on his premises with my own cycled media. i don't bother with it at home, but tanks are salted and prazi'd just the same.

Gosh,that's fantastic,Helen :bounce:clapping:

• Supporter

susan, i mention in my threads that geoffrey qt's for me on his premises with my own cycled media. i don't bother with it at home, but tanks are salted and prazi'd just the same.

Gosh,that's fantastic,Helen :bounce:clapping:

thanks susan, yep.. after my years of fishkeeping, i find myself very fortunate to come accross a supplier whom is still passionate about fishkeeping. he's a good man.

But if the oranda was a surprise, was it still qted with your media?

Either way, the oranda is gorgeous. Good luck with them :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

nope. but they were in qt with him... i will explain more in a bit.. busy with a few business things atm.

This reminded me to bring this to your attention, Helen. In the last thread where you posted a video from your supplier, before you brought Anastasia home, there was a fish (ranchu, I believe) who was in the same tank with Anastasia who has what seems to be an ulcer. It's at about 50 seconds into the video. I hope he has taken him/her out and treated. In any case, I'm glad to hear that Anastasia is getting further treatment with salt/Prazi. :)

• Supporter

for all those who are interested in understanding why i do not qt at home.

1. i don't have to. reason is, my supplier has 2 fish that i have paid for onsite permenantly feeding cycled media from my tank. they are two ryukins, a breeding couple and he's kept them there for me for this sole purpose to qt any new fish he thinks i will be happy to purchase from him.. so far 10/10, he's been correct.

2. any new (surprise) fish i purchase from him is done prior to that fish leaving his QT and entering the other tanks. they have already done 3 weeks QT at Australian Customs, then 2 weeks QT at my suppliers..

3. irrespective of this. any new fish that enters my tank from these conditions still go through two intensive salt dips and into a 0.3% salted tank that is also treated with prazi..

i am a responsible fishkeeper and encourage members alike to QT responsibly as i do. my fish are my friends, i wouldn't risk them for the sake of a few short weeks in QT.

rest in mind, when a new fish enters my tank(s) they are well and truly ready to do so :)

DUDE!! Why Why dont you get them... Oh its driving me crazy... that pretty white one with the color on the back and the white/red speckle one :tantrum

They sure are pretty, aren't they? :)

DUDE!! Why Why dont you get them... Oh its driving me crazy... that pretty white one with the color on the back and the white/red speckle one :tantrum

They sure are pretty, aren't they? :)

I'd be flat broke if I lived near these fish :P

are members giving me the #### here for any particular reason? remember, we do have a PM system,.

I don't think anyone is trying to do that, Helen. I think people are just wanting to learn your methods. :)