Sign in to follow this  
ShawneeRiver

Meet Ghost, my silver lavender betta

This guy is such an interesting color, but photos don't do him justice. Sometimes he looks gray, sometimes light blue or green and sometimes silver, but I think he's a very light lavender. He has some dark spots from being in the bowl. I saw him maybe two weeks ago and bought him a few days ago. He's enjoying his new 6 gallon home. Here are several pictures. I hope a couple of them give you an idea of what a cool color he is. :)

6487604111_6c67c3d570_z.jpg

6487604941_568f292237_z.jpg

6487603331_1f1c26fce0_z.jpg

6487605687_9f40bed0e4_z.jpg

6487602773_f52916ef4a_z.jpg

6487601881_c16ea21233_z.jpg

He's very pretty! :) It's so hard to capture a betta's true colors on camera!

Nice!

He is really pretty :)

Edited by molbert73

He was sold to me as a half moon, but who knows. I got him because of his color.

He is gorgeous! And yes, he is a dragon :) lucky you. And he could either be a HM or delta. If I was on my computer I could say by looking for rays but my eyes are not good enough for this cell phone lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lol! I had no idea. Thanks, Ashlee! I saw someone's picture with similar coloration a few months ago and loved it. I've been on the lookout since, and I found him and my killis died, so I got him. I guess he matches my profile picture and my dragon decor!

how unusual! Congrats.

He is lovely-what unusual coloration, and how nice with his scales! I(Oh dear, oh dear--these pics may send me on a quest for betta #3 :doh11: )

Thanks, everyone. I just thought he was such a cool color.

Ooooooooh! He's very, very pretty!

What makes his scales dragon scales? Because they're bigger?

Excuisite!!!! I see why you had to have him. Is that a Fluval Edge he's in?

Thanks, all!

Elli, he's a dragon because his scales look like they have metalic shiny coating.

Orandafish, it is an Edge. It's pretty but so hard to work in. I would like to replace it.

Stunning betta, really lovely. I love my Edge. I have a female betta and a handful of male guppies in mine. Everybody complains about cleaning it but I'm not having a huge problem. I clean the inside walls with a magnetic tank cleaner with an acrylic aquarium pad on it. I only have to wipe the back wall down by hand and that section is easy to reach by hand. I simply pull the intake up and scoot the heater over, wipe and replace. I love the filter too. I also like the fact that no water runs down cords onto my desk. I'm the person who lost their desktop computer to a Marineland Eclipse wicking water down the cords.

Thanks! I think his color is changing a bit. He looks more pink now. I still :heart him.

How does he get air in the Edge? And thank you for explaining the dragon thing!