Sign in to follow this  
Jeana727

What is your DREAM GOLDFISH?

I looked at one of my suppliers yesterday and they had an orange pompom. I thought that was kinda unique. Really hoping they will have more so I can get one in the pond in the spring.

I'm gonna go with one that would do it's own water changes....but I did see a beautiful one on the goldfish connection the other day that was black and had red and white on the edges of it's fins...beautiful!

I have always adored plain old calico orandas. I got two smallish ones two years ago but sadly they came with a bacterial issue and didn't thrive. I want one that gets nice and big, with cute squishy cheeks and a nice wen. That's all I ask :heart

:lol I like how he went to hide in the bubbles after he got measured. So cute when big goldies forget their big :)

I saw a very cute bigger calico oranda for you last week at Petsmart. I could ship him to you, Chrissy. He was sooo cute with great color.

I would absolutely love a panda anything haha, as long as it stayed a panda! also those tosakins holy mother of all things sacred! they're so beautiful to watch. eggfish are also adorable. I particularly like the fact that they're called eggfish lol.

I would LOVE to have a chocolate pom-pom with orange poms. I saw a nice big one once when I lived in Vegas, but I couldn't afford him (or the tank I would need to keep him!). Ever since I saw him, I have had my eyes out for any other pom-poms. I just love them! Sadly, I have never seen another, and I have been searching for years.

I saw a very cute bigger calico oranda for you last week at Petsmart. I could ship him to you, Chrissy. He was sooo cute with great color.

Ok, it'll be a nice Christmas present :rofl

I'm hoping to get a new fish or two this weekend, maybe I'll luck into a nice calico for myself.

I would LOVE to have a chocolate pom-pom with orange poms. I saw a nice big one once when I lived in Vegas, but I couldn't afford him (or the tank I would need to keep him!). Ever since I saw him, I have had my eyes out for any other pom-poms. I just love them! Sadly, I have never seen another, and I have been searching for years.

Oh I love chocolate pom poms too. A few years back a lfs here always had them and I was so tempted, but I never did get one.

How about the people who already have their DREAM Goldie (or goldies) post pictures of them! That way we who are still dreaming can see there is hope!!!

Edited by Jeana727

For me... hard to say. There's a few fish that I'd love to up the variety in my tanks. One of them is a big fat, show quality red and white ryukin, with more red than white.

The photo if this one here, I'd love to find one similar to it. Rather more red than more white, but a similar, solid red pattern. I love it!

ryukin15.jpg

I got your (and my) dream fish (albeit a bit smaller right now.. working on the size).

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

My dream fish are my fishes but at least 3 inches bigger. I know there are a lot of things used to judge quality in shows, but to me what makes goldfishes endearing are the size and the personality.

Apart from increasing the size on my fishes i would have loved if we could have Ryukins with veiltails. I understand true veiltails dont have the hump of ryukins (or am i wrong here). If wrong can we have pictures.

my dream goldfish would be like the crossbreed between a black moor and a veiltail, don't even know if that exists, but if it does i want it!

You mean like this one?

http://www.raingarden.us/7929c.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syz7gRo18xQ

They definitely do exist. I'm not sure where you may be able to find them in Australia. Perhaps some of the Australian members like Stakos & Lionchu can help you out!

A red and white comet(Sarasa) with Tancho coloration with HUGE HUGE HUGE long and flowing fins with red tips :)

For me... hard to say. There's a few fish that I'd love to up the variety in my tanks. One of them is a big fat, show quality red and white ryukin, with more red than white.

The photo if this one here, I'd love to find one similar to it. Rather more red than more white, but a similar, solid red pattern. I love it!

ryukin15.jpg

I got your (and my) dream fish (albeit a bit smaller right now.. working on the size).

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

My dream fish are my fishes but at least 3 inches bigger. I know there are a lot of things used to judge quality in shows, but to me what makes goldfishes endearing are the size and the personality.

Apart from increasing the size on my fishes i would have loved if we could have Ryukins with veiltails. I understand true veiltails dont have the hump of ryukins (or am i wrong here). If wrong can we have pictures.

Why are you doing this to me??? :rofl

my dream goldfish would be like the crossbreed between a black moor and a veiltail, don't even know if that exists, but if it does i want it!

You mean like this one?

http://www.raingarden.us/7929c.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syz7gRo18xQ

They definitely do exist. I'm not sure where you may be able to find them in Australia. Perhaps some of the Australian members like Stakos & Lionchu can help you out!

Oh my gosh, ITS BEAUTIFUL! i want one!?! thanks dnalex for going to the trouble of getting this, it was nice of u :)

Well THANKS for showing the BEAUTIFUL red & white Ryukins!! NOW I WANT ONE..........or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :krazy:

First and foremost I love this thread!

I would love to have a much bigger tank if I had extra money to spend- like a 50+ gallon. And I hope and wish my fish will live more than 2 years! Haven't had the best luck in the past.

I would definitely add a black butterfly tail to my collection

78d58c0a129186a1433-7ffc.jpg

I don't know how many of you remember daryl's Sterling but I love, love, love him!! Gorgeous huge show quality ryukin.

And I don't remember whose veil tail it was I saw the other day but it was all white and beautiful.

This is a great thread!

How about these ... Ryukin Oranda.. best of both the worlds... only need to put a veiltail on it now. I just died and went to heaven (or could be hell, coz im also feeling a lot of envy)

I remember Daryl's Sterling! He WAS beautiful! ((I miss Daryl!!)

I remember Daryl's Sterling! He WAS beautiful! ((I miss Daryl!!)

Me to hun. me too :hug

Great this post was a terrible idea :krazy: NOW MY WISH LIST IS A M I L E LONG!!

A Panda Oranda....I have NEVER seen one BUT I want the one in THAT picture!!!! (Hey It's MY DREAM!) And a couple of those Red & White Ryukins....THOSE IN THE PICS!! AWW HECK...a couple o' Oranda/Ryukin mutts too!

I might as well add in a fully equiped 500 Gallon tank too!!

(And don't forget my original wish fish....deep BLACK Oranda!!