Bottom sitting, loss of appetite, no energy

Niffarious

Hi all - my original thread is here http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95939-ich-but-also-red-streaks/

You can see the water parameters etc.

The short version is:

I had a pH crash when my tap water's pH went down dramatically after a couple of long weeks of rain. Shortly therafter the fish started to develop ich and red streaking in the fins.

I've corrected the pH (which is now stable) and have been doing salt treatment. The ich appears to be on its way out and the worst affected fish seem to be doing far far better.

However, I have one fish that is failing to thrive (calico butterfly tail) and I'm not sure what to do. Initially, it seemed to be doing the best. Only a couple spots of ich and no streaking. About 48 hours ago it started resting in the plants quite often, but was still eating. Today it seems to have next to no energy, no appetite, and is basically bottom sitting. It has no more ich (and no other visible signs of illness) and is not breathing heavily.

I don't know where to go from here with this little guy. :(

• * Ammonia Level: 0
  • * Nitrite Level: 0
  • * Nitrate level: 5-10 (removed some plants due to salt treatment)
  • * Ph Level, Tank: 7 (slowly climbing with introduction of coral)
  • * Ph Level, Tap: 6

I do have a QT tank I could set up. I figured that in this case that might be more stressful, and almost pointless as I'm treating this whole tank as it is for now.

I'm having issues with my camera, but I can see if I can get anything helpful with the camera on my phone.

I took a video with my phone. The quality isn't the best, but you can see that the fish barely has the energy to swim. The heavy breathing is due to stress - when I tried to get a video without kind of corralling it with my hand it would manage to shimmy itself under some plants.

If there is any silver lining, I suppose it is that the other fish are doing very, very well. The ich is almost gone...just a couple of spots on the pearlscale, who was one of the worst affected initially. The red streaking is going away and the fish are very full of energy with great appetites.

I do wish I knew what happened to this one though. Plus, he was my favourite...sigh. :(