Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

Oranda Calico & Oranda Kirin :D :D :D

As some of you already know, I'm trying to set up an oranda breeding program. As part of that effort, I've been searching for some suitable pairs. I've found a few, and these are the last two. I saw them at my absolute favorite LFS, which is about 2.5 hours away, and knew that I had to take them home with me. These two are actually replacements for a ranchu I brought home in August, but somehow did not make it past one week. The owner very kindly offered to replace the lost fish.

Without further ado, here they are. :)

Thanks for looking :D

Very, very nice! I love them!

I hope you have good luck in breeding your fish. You most likely already have a customer base. Me for one!

Oooooooooo,VERY nice,Alex :heart I love their colors-AND the KP song :heart

I love them!! Sign me up for a couple babies :)

:kewlpics:

They are beautiful! And they look so much calmer in the second half. I am waiting for Captain's babies btw :P

fantastic couple.. good luck! now go make babies you two! :rofl

Awww! How adorable! In case I have room then, put me on the list for an adorable oranda. Doesn't even necessarily have to be calico. (Wakka would be jelly). Kirin would be great but I also love gorgoues red ones with white! Or pretty much any fish.

:rofl

They look great. Good luck with them.

Oh there really cute! I can't wait to see the babies!

Oooooooooo,VERY nice,Alex :heart I love their colors-AND the KP song :heart

:kewlpics:

fantastic couple.. good luck! now go make babies you two! :rofl

They look great. Good luck with them.

Gorgeous pair :) Looking forward to following this project ;)

Oh there really cute! I can't wait to see the babies!

Thank you! This is a brand new territory for me. I have lots to learn, but I am really excited about it. It will be great to have home grown orandas :D

Edited by dnalex

Very, very nice! I love them!

I hope you have good luck in breeding your fish. You most likely already have a customer base. Me for one!

I love them!! Sign me up for a couple babies :)

Thank you, kaytee & Kulukan! When this gets going, I probably will be begging you to take some :)

They are beautiful! And they look so much calmer in the second half. I am waiting for Captain's babies btw :P

Thank you! They've calmed down a lot since the first hour. I think they are waiting for food now. I've yet to feed them because I wanted to fast them for a day after all that traveling.

I woke this morning to the Captain chasing poor Ichigo. My poor girl. Everyone chases her, but she is meant to pair up with Yama-jii. So it's good they are chasing ;)

Awww! How adorable! In case I have room then, put me on the list for an adorable oranda. Doesn't even necessarily have to be calico. (Wakka would be jelly). Kirin would be great but I also love gorgoues red ones with white! Or pretty much any fish.

:rofl

Thank you! :)

As said above, I will be begging you to take a few later on :)

OMG It's the Phantom of the Opera Goldfish!!!

LOL. I thought about changing the music, just for you! :)

Very nice, Alex! Looking good! :thumb:

Very nice, Alex! Looking good!

Thank you very much, Dennis! :)

They are very beautiful, nice dorsals on them. Are you planning on focussing on just colouring at the moment or breed standard? (wondering why you picked calicos)

Very nice. Very active. almost looked like they didnt want that camera on them :rofl

Nice looking fish!!! Good luck with your breeding endeavor Alex. :) Wish I was in shipping zone. LOL

Red, drive over the border, pick them up, hide them in the trunk, drive back home! :rofl

They are very beautiful, nice dorsals on them. Are you planning on focussing on just colouring at the moment or breed standard? (wondering why you picked calicos)

Thank you! :)

Right now I would like to focus on coloring first and standard conformation second. There's a lot I have to learn yet on that. I had have 3 pairs that I would like to try on, and this is simply the calico pairing.

Very nice. Very active. almost looked like they didnt want that camera on them :rofl

Thank you, Koko. :)

Let's just say they were royally peeved with me, because I just gave them an HP dip in that first part. Of course, they also probably didn't want the cam on them so they can get busy lol. This afternoon there were hundreds of eggs on the tank floor. I just got done cleaning them up :o

Nice looking fish!!! Good luck with your breeding endeavor Alex. :) Wish I was in shipping zone. LOL

Thank you, Red! They are definitely pushing me to hurry to get ready, since they already gave me a batch of eggs today :rofl

I would like to wait until spring, though, so they had roe earlier :o

I'll ship some to the border for you :rofl

Well no wonder they were mad. :lol Meanie :rofl

and that was your award from them Eggs :lol

Alex, please answer a question that's been bugging me. What does kirin mean and exactly how is it different from calico?

Thanks much.

They are beautiful Alex :)