I am in a bit of overwhelm..............

kukana d

A few weeks ago I bought 8 small ranchu from someone,and they just arrived. The surprise? I opened the box and there are 15 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:thud That's 1-5 as in 15!!!! I had only prepared a 20g for them,and thankfully I won't be feeding them today,so I have a little time to set up another tub. I'm still in shock..............

Edited by kukana

LOL,I think so-he didn't say anything about selecting 8 and sending the rest back!! I actually almost didn't have the stuff to set up-I'm expecting a replacement canister bucket-for 1 I broke-in the mail today :D

What a nice surprise!! I hope you'll have room for them all. If you don't...I'll send you my address!

:)

Hmmmmmmm,HOW did I know I would get such kind offers :hummm ? The canister bucket just arrived-talk about timing :mail: In my garage I have a dog pool that I've only ever had aquatic plants in,and I'm thinking about that-BUUUUT have NO idea where I would put it! To say I've got a full house would be a serious understatement! :lol:

Ah ok! I was like "WAIT WHAT??? I haven't even touched Happy Juice yet today!" :rofl

I assume he messed up on the order. There is no way a professional seller would double the amount of goldfish sent out.

1. he is losing a lot of money over it

2. as professional breeder he would be (to a degree) considering the fish's well being. Intentionally doubling the amount of fish sent out sure goes against that

3. he could lose a customer over this, and have his reputation damaged. After all - if you are not prepared at all and are getting mad over it - if he sends you twice the fish you ordered and you have to deal with them, you might not be happy at all.

Good thing that you collect goldfish like others collect postage stamps :rofl They'll end up in a nice big tank and get taken care of well :D

Now we need pics.

NOW.

Postage stamps? I never had this many stamps in my life! :no::rofl I think this is his last spawn of the season and I assume he just sent me all that was left-I'll let you know after he answers my email. He seemed intent on surprising me-I asked if I could buy some plants from him,and he said he was including some w/ the fish and he had wanted it to be a surprise! So,I guess THIS is my surprise-and I am! Pics are forthcoming-I haven't had time yet! :krazy::)santa

That the exact reason I bought table lamps with those clear empty bases that you usually place seashells or marbles in. I will always have room for those unexpected fishy surprises. Lucky you........ :clapping:

That the exact reason I bought table lamps with those clear empty bases that you usually place seashells or marbles in. I will always have room for those unexpected fishy surprises. Lucky you........ :clapping:

lol :)

Well Congrats on the new babies :) looking forward to lots of new pics!!!!

Ok,well apparently it was not a botched order-his email says he's 'glad they all arrived in good condition'! :r030::doh11:

WOW. I'm not sure I'd be so thrilled with that. I have no room for 15 fish! I guess I in that situation I would try to get some money back by selling some to the LFS. I bet they'd love to have them, they don't have any ranchus.

They sure are cute. I am still picturing you opening the box and going OMG WHAT? and counting them all :rofl

That's great! Ranchus are CUTE! ...but to be honest, if I got 15 fish in the mail, I would be totally STRESSED!

If you have a hardware or farm store near you, you could look for a livestock tank and convert it into an indoor ranchu pond.

Wow 15! At least you have the experience necessary to keep all of these cuties alive. :) I'd be more than a bit overwhelmed if it happened to me tho. :help1

Hope we get to see pics soon.