Sign in to follow this  
Mr.B

angry pimple red streaked fins

I'm sorry I don't recall clearly, so I would like to check this with you:

- where are you at in terms of the Prazi treatment?

- is the pimple gone, or is it still there, but diminished?

I'm trying to see whether it's worth waiting, or to start the MMs.

Tomorrow I will add prazi for the fourth time. Just got done with WC-50%.

The pimple is not completely gone but there is no color to it any more looks more like a grain of salt.

Ok. As long as he is still active and there is no worsening of symptoms, I would like to leave things as they are until you are done with the Prazi. I have no objection to starting the MMs, but personally I don't think that we need the meds just yet, and hopefully not at all.

Yes. She is still active and eating like a goldfish should. Should I do 5 rounds of prazi or stop with the 4th?

Let's stop after the fourth, because I'd like to step up the WCs after to see if that will quicken the disappearance of the redness.

Ok. Will do. Thanks<br /><br />I would like to move her over to the 35g tank any way. After the last round of prazi do you think it would be ok to do this. I was thinking that if I'm going to be doing wc any way I could just clean the gravel out then I wouldn't have to worry so much about the los of bb? Would that just be a bad idea?

Edited by Mr.B

The only objection I would have to this would be that if you were to need to feed MMs, then putting the two of them together isn't such a great idea. However, let's wait until the end of the 4th round of Prazi to see where things are first.

My other fish died in quarantine, so she would be alone. I will just wait until the prazi is finished.

So I think that I will probably be moving Goldie Hawn to the 35g tank tomorrow. She will be by her self and it will make it easier to do WC and if she needs MMs then I won't have to worry about competition. If any one can think of reasons I shouldn't do this please let me know. I figured that I would line out my plan of attack today and see if any on has any input.

I have the temperatures pretty close and hopefully tomorrow they will match up. PH should be the same, but will test tomorrow right before the move. I plan on taking Goldie out of her tank and putting her in a bucket w/air stone, then pulling all the tetras out of the other tank and putting them in another bucket w/ filter. Plants in a third bucket and then drain the 35g, and remove all gravel. Then I plan on taking around 15-20g of water out of the 75g and put it in the 35g so that there won't be a huge PH swing. I'm taking all of the anubias and a piece of mopani out of the 75g to put in the other tank to help replace bb. Then every one goes back into their new tanks. I also plan to put another filter in the 35g with cycled filter pads from the other tank, I don't think the one in the 35g will be enough for goldfish. I think it anly rates at 200-250gph.

Any thoughts? I tend to forget really important things so if any one sees any huge gaping holes in my plan please let me know.

Also I will be posting new pics of Goldie Hawns fins tomorrow. W/parameter readings. Thanks:)

I think this is a pretty good plan, but take the pics of the fins before you move, just in case people here think that she's ok to stay. :)

Where will the tetras go?

Tetras and the bn pleco will go into the 75g that she is in now. There are two other pleco and 3 golden dojos in there now and this way I think I will have a more appropriate grouping of fish.

I also worry some times that the dojos and pleco might not be getting enough food some times because Miss Piggy in there gobbles it up so fast.

Also I would like to see if a bare bottom tank will help prevent this from happening in the future. Plus if I'm going to up the WC, it's easier to do it in a 35g.

These are just my thoughts on the matter. I have a lot of free time. :)

Things look about the same to me today. One thing I have been noticing the last couple of days is that her gills seem dark. Don't know if this is normal or not.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjEzLTAwMjkwLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjEzLTAwMjkxLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjEzLTAwMjg2LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjEzLTAwMjkyLmpwZw.jpg

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

PH 7.6

I think you are right. Please go ahead and move him to the smaller tank. I dislike how the veins are still so red after so long. I think I would go ahead with a 14 day course of Metro-Meds.

Ok working on that now. Do the gills look normal? I know it's not a very good angle, but they look pretty dark from any angle.

It's hard to tell from the pics.

Phase one is complete! Will need to do something with the bubble wand and I want to turn the background to the other side but here it is. :)

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjEzLTAwMjkzLmpwZw.jpg

Now, should I add salt? Any other instructions?

Looks nice!

You are salting at 0.1%, right? I would continue that for a a couple days into the MMs at least, and then phase it out from there.

Ok. Thanks for all the help Alex.

I would say the veins look alittle less angry :thumb:

I just can't tell. That pimple went away and the tears are healing but.......I really wish I had a picture of her tail before this happened. ?? Oh well. It'll work out I'm sure. Started MMs today and I'm glad she's in her own tank.

With any medicated food, the aim to feed is about 1-3% of her body weight distributed evenly over the course of a day. A good compromise is 2%.

As we discussed before, after a few days, you can start to phase out the salt, since we don't need to do both :)

Oh, so I'll be feeding more food than I would normally? Sorry to be such a pain.

I usually feed about 4- 5 omega one pellets and a pea x2 daily. The metro meds are about the same size.

Oh crap my head hurts:)

So should I up this to around x4 daily?

S

Her body measures about 3in. ???? Ahhhhhh. Sorry confused.

Man she'll be so happy about all this food and no fasting day. I hope she doesn't start faking being sick to get metro meds. It kind of reminds me of Fancy Feast for fish. :)

LOL.

How about 2 Metro-Meds pellets each time, with at least 4 times a day?

You can give her the occasional pea while she is on MMs just to keep her regular :)

check!

So I don't think things are any better with her fins. I kinda think they may be getting worse. Don't know if these pics really show it but it looks like the smaller veins are becoming red now. Any thoughts. This is day 11 of MMs.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjIzLTAwMzYxLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjIzLTAwMzU5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjIzLTAwMzYwLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjIzLTAwMzYyLmpwZw.jpg

She seems the same. Still active and eating well. I think I can also see a vein in the dorsal fin and under her chin but I couldn't get any decent pictures.