Sign in to follow this  
Eleanorsmom

Bigger pellets

With the exception of Bonita and Little Baby Nardo, everyone is plumping up and growing nicely.

I'm pretty sure Bonita is either stunted, or just a very slow grower. Little Baby Nardo has only been here a couple days so he hasn't had time to grow yet.

When I went to buy more pellets, I bought the medium sized instead of the small ones. I was a little worried because the medium ones are a lot bigger. Everyone gobbled them right though! Even Bonita!

Little Baby Nardo got his first bloodworms yesterday. He loved them once he figured out he could eat them. I just can't get over how tiny he is. He is getting a little friendlier already. He doesn't hide behind the plants anymore when I approach the tank. :)

Awww! But yeah, these fish can fit big pieces of food into their mouths. :D Next thing you know, you'll have to buy a bag of koi kibbles :rofl

:lol I bought the larger pellets of progold. When I got them I worried if Charlie could eat them (about 9 months ago), but man she had no problem. She got down in one bit 4 of the big progold pellets.... The smaller ones now, well I cant even count how many she can get down... :yikes

I ran out of food and had to get the only pellets Petsmart carried which is the omega one pellets. They are like 4x bigger than the ones I was feeding. The fish all gobbled them down with ease and even my tiny quarter size pearlscale managed to eat one :o

Usually the Omega One medium pellets can be handled by most sizes of goldfish. When you graduate to the Omega One large pellets is when you know you've got some monster fish on your hands. Most of my telescopes will take them except for a few of the smaller ones and after a while of flipping them around they can get them down too. :ehh

I was just so shocked that they were able to scarf them down like that. I guess I didn't realize how much theyve grown until I saw them eating the pellets with no problem.

Eleanor is still the biggest, but all of a sudden Sylvia is as big as, if not a little bigger than Cedric. Fiddy Cent is almost as big as Cedric, and I think even little Bonita has grown a bit.

Nice! As long as you soak the mediums for 5 min and only offer about 2 pellets per fish per feeding they'll do just fine. I'm now starting to buy the medium pellets in a 10 lb. bucket. Good stuff!

BTW Fiddy Cent cracks me up haha :thumb: