Return of the fungus?

ypdmd

• * Ammonia Level 0
  • * Nitrite Level 0
  • * Nitrate level 0
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.2
    * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? api drops using reg. ph test - should I use high ph test?
  • * Water temperature? 76
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 35 gallons, 5 months
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? ac 70 (300)
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? 50% weekly

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? yesterday, 50%
    * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 2inch telescope
    * What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime
    * What do you feed your fish and how often? omega1 and hikari lionhead 2x day
    * Any new fish added to the tank? fish is in tank about a month
    * Any medications added to the tank? prazi
    * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
    3 weeks ago, added salt to .1%, with przaipro, a week later upped to .2% and last week to .3% - no salt added at last water change

• * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? white bands at front of dorsal, and tips of tail
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? no, eating find, however he seems blind. Will not eating sinking food until it hits bottom, and roots around for a while until he finds it.

This fish had a fungus or mold on his dorsal fin when I brought him home. It basically cleared after adding the salt. It seems to have returned a few days ago,and in addition, there are white areas on the tips of his tail fins.

IMG_9770.JPG

IMG_9774.JPG

The areas may show up better in

Thanks for your help.

I think The white tips at the edges may just be new growth :) he's missing a good portion of his dorsal fin I see :( Telescope goldfish are very eye handicapped and will forage on the bottom for there food (as do most goldfish ;)) Some have luck teaching them to be hand feed which is very rewarding personally :)

Hang in till someone with more knowledge stops by to give your more direction :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update - The white areas are definately new growth. The entire tail is now banded in about 3 mm of white. The dorsal is almost completely grown in, and he is now almost completely... orange. I know fish lose their black, but that was quick. That thick black band on his head is almost completely gone. Oh well.