Sign in to follow this  
tithra

Poop question ; )

The white is still there and it's still raised, but the white seems to be flaking off/oozing out (?) (not in the way that normal wen growth looks like though)... it doesn't seem to look any worse. I have to run to work right now, but will take another short video for you tonight when I get home.

As for the eyes, I honestly can't tell for sure if there is a difference or not. But they definitely haven't gotten worse (just not sure if they are better or not)

He bottom sitting when I got up this morning (I'm assuming he was just sleeping) but got up and excited when I came to the tank and ate his delicious MMs (lol, he loves those things!)

Here's a short vid of him today :) I am very happy about how active he is overall now. If it weren't for the weird wen pimple I don't think I'd even be worried any more! The bump on his wen still does not seem to look any worse than yesterday.

And I came home to a bunch (4-5 pieces) of thin white poop in the tank.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid436.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fqq81%2Fjegreen3%2FDSCN0086.mp4">

Looks good. He hasn't fully regained his swim control, but it is so much better! :)

I have a couple of questions:

1. Did you up the salt to 0.2%?

2. What day of MM is today?

3. He appears to have a little bump on the middle of one of the caudal lobes. Can you describe it a little more?

1. Tank is at .2%, I will up it to .3% tonight

2. Today is day 6 on MM's

3. Can you describe what you mean by 'caudal lobes' ? I know caudal is toward the back, by lobes do you mean on his wen?

EDIT: I think I know what you're referring too. That bump has developed over the last few months... it looks to me just like normal wen growth (I can't see any red beneath the surface or anything)

Edited by tithra

Hehe. I'm sorry. I mean it looks like there is a bump on one of his tail fins. I see when he's swimming, but I'm not sure.

I recommend continuing with the course you are on. I think the recovery is steady, the best kind :)

lol... so lobes refers to the different sections of the caudal fin?? learn something new here every day... ;)

There is a pigment spot on the tail fin if that is what you are referring to (?) (no lumps or bumps on the fins that I can see). He has had a reddish spot on both his tail fin and dorsal fin since I got him, I have always just figured it is color change waiting to happen or something. Not sure, but it is not raised.

Thanks as always for the input, it's great to have an extra pair of eyes.

That is exactly what I was referring to, and you answered my questions. :)

The brown fish can get those types of spots. I have had fish with those before.

I would really like for his eyes to deflate and for him to put on a little weight. He looks quite a bit thinner than the pics in your sig. He seems quite happy tho which is great!

I agree, he has really not put on weight (it is possible he has lost, I can't tell myself). Edie has grown quite a bit since I got them, but he really hasn't, even my bf comments on what a difference there is between the two of them now in terms of size.

I hope the salt works for his eyes. It's hard because I have gotten so used to the way his eyes look that I can't really tell if they are going down or not... I will rely on your eyes for that! ;)

no real change in the wen over the last couple days... but this morning I found a ton of brown pretty normal looking poop in the tank! Like 10 pieces of it (first time I have seen something other than white poop since starting MMs)! I never thought I would be excited about poop. :D

LOL. Good!

What about the eyes?

Good to hear he's recovering :) short brown poops is just what we want ;) I was wondering about the spot on his tail as well happy to see Alex cleared that up :) Please keep us posted :)

Alrighty, here's the best pic I could get and a video update... I really am not sure about the eyes, let me know if you think they look any better or not. Also I think the wen might look better today! It is definitely still there, but it just looks less angry. He has been nice and active and I can't believe what a difference there is in his stability in the water.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid436.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fqq81%2Fjegreen3%2FDSCN0095.mp4">

DSCN0096.jpg

I think the eyes are deflating a little bit, but there is still a ring around it.

Keep up the good work :)

I almost want to say that the eyes do look better - like now the ring is more concentrated to the bottom part of the eye? Good!

I think he looks so much better :) Good work. And great support here for you from the gang! :D

The stable water will help heal the white area on his wen as that could just be healing tissue after the red.

As for the swimming style. I do think you have a fish that has a swimbladder/airsac malfunction of some kind and getting him to poop regularly and finding foods that work (pass through fast and healthily as shown in short food color solid poops) is going to be the long term challenge.

Thanks for checking back Trinket! :) I am very happy with the results I have gotten with the MMs. Now if that spot would just go away. I will be happy to go back to caring for one tank only! :)

So, Puff's head is looking better, it is way less red and the white spot seems to have disappeared, there is still a bit of a bump there, but it seems to be improving.

I just have a quick questions, how much longer should I continue salt?

He has been in salt for a total of 11 days now, 5 days at .3%

He has 6 more days of MMs to go (for a 2 week course)

I think you will want to go for at least the duration of the MMs, because the bump is still somewhat there.

How long after MMs did Puff stop being so floaty? After going back and reading yesterday, I now believe that it's not SBD, but more an issue with gas-forming enteritidis, which is bacterial. That may explain why the MMs helped so much.

I completely agree with your assessment... I had a feeling there was something internal contributing to the floatiness, I had just figured it was constipation though.

He really started showing more control over his swimming on the 3rd day of MMs

It's so funny, all he ever used to do was gulp air at the surface, and now he rarely ever does it... I see it once in awhile, but not like it used to be before the MMs!

Here's another update video of Puff. I tried to focus in on the eyes and wen, so if you guys wouldn't mind letting me know if you think the pop eye is gone yet or not that would be awesome. I definitely think the rings have gotten smaller, but I really can't tell if he looks 'normal' yet or not.

There is still a bump on his wen where the redness was, but the redness seems to be completely gone at this point. His tank is about 80% full now, he still is a little light in the water, but still rarely gulps at the surface anymore (I saw him do it once yesterday when I upped the water level again)

He is currently in .2% salt (I dropped it down a couple days ago). Tomorrow is his last day on MMs. SO I am wondering first, if you think he is still suffering from pop eye, how should I proceed and second if you think his eyes look okay, do you think I am safe to put him back into the main tank after tomorrow, or should I wait longer? Thanks for the input!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid436.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fqq81%2Fjegreen3%2FDSCN0098.mp4">

Wow! He looks like a completely different fish. The rings around the eyes have definitely deflated. Do you remember when the last of the red was seen on the wen? I am of the opinion that you should continue the MMs for a tad bit longer. Exactly how long will depend on when the last of the redness disappeared. I'm thinking a week from that date.