Sign in to follow this  
tithra

Poop question ; )

Great job, tithra! :)

When did the eyes go back to normal? I am much more comfortable recommending that MMs be stopped at day 14, given how careful you've been in making sure he eats enough. :)

I think the eyes have been like this for maybe 4-5 days now (?) They have steadily gotten better on the MMs.

Alright, I am officially closing this thread. :)

Puff has been off of MMs for a week and a half now. He is still in QT, but he looks great. I have even been feeding primarily jump start pellets (using an autofeeder to give him several small meals of it throughout the day) and he hasn't been floaty at all! :clapping: His eyes still look good so far too.

I just wanted to ask one last question, how long should I keep him in QT?

I can't remember exactly who it was but I think it was Fede that commented that we maybe put our fish that have been sick back into the main tank before they are ready and before their immune system is ready. So, I am wondering how long you guys think I should wait? (Obviously I would love to get him back into the main tank, but I want to do things right and not jump the gun)

Until you are done with the Jumpstart, unless you are in a hurry :)

Until you are done with the Jumpstart, unless you are in a hurry :)

nope ;) no hurry!

A month it is! :)

Oh perfect!

I would keep him out a little more still. I am getting ready to move Blondie back in the 85 but first I decided I will treat the guys in the 85 with salt and prazi. This should make her move easier as I don't want anything attacking her. She is doing great tho! But now it has been a few months already.

On the other hand, Ingrid I added back in the 200 last weekend because I was heading out of town this weekend and preferred for her to be in the 200. She was on jump start 1 week before that.

Quick question for you guys.

I was watching Puff eat this morning and as he was 'chewing' it looked as though there was some stuff coming out of one of his gills. It looked kind of like what biofilm looks like when it has been scraped off in the water (whitesh flecks of stuff)

Is this anything to be concerned about? As far as I could tell it was only coming from one gill. Gills look healthy and red as far as I can tell. meh?

I've seen this with my fish too and I'm assumed it was just food residue escapng through the gills?

Quick question for you guys.

I was watching Puff eat this morning and as he was 'chewing' it looked as though there was some stuff coming out of one of his gills. It looked kind of like what biofilm looks like when it has been scraped off in the water (whitesh flecks of stuff)

Is this anything to be concerned about? As far as I could tell it was only coming from one gill. Gills look healthy and red as far as I can tell. meh?

I've seen this with my fish too and I'm assumed it was just food residue escapng through the gills?

I am assuming so as well, although whatever was coming out was white, while the pellets were brown. However, I only saw it that one time, it hasn't happened since so I'm not worried.

hope puff is ok! I always get paranoid over my fishies, and now I am paranoid as my new oranda momo also is not pooping properly- Hopefully for both our sakes it is nothing major and can be easily fixed! I can't probably be of much help as I have no idea on the majority of oranda issues but I would think it sounds a bit like constipation as that usually causes bottom sitting in my tropical fish tank. If you are certain it is not anything internal (bacterial, or parasitic) I would fast for three days then feed three days worth of laxatives to see if that helps. Probably try something other than peas, I have a feeling the peas I fed to momo might have caused his problem :/

Hope everything turns out all right and good luck! :)

After months of dealing with it he is all better now :) an appropriate dose of metro meds took care of the issue.

If you are concerned about mono you should post a d&d thread, however it's not atypical for new fish to have white poop due to the stress they have recently experienced :)