Sign in to follow this  
tithra

Poop question ; )

Hi there.

I don't think you need to worry about pineconing at this point. Usually it is always followed with a certain amount of fluid retention and swelling, which he doesn't have :)

As for the eyes I believe that is one of the longest things to treat, just because the eyes are a little separated from the rest of the body.

Just as a timeline I bought my Grace August 2010 and she had a white lump on her lip. Well the white lump just went away a month ago! It is just these parts which take A LOT longer to heal.

Do you have Medi-Gold? My suggestion is to use that, actually.

I think that what likely happened last time was that we failed to clear all the infection, so it came back...MG is now more appropriate.

Edit: I hate to make this suggestion, but the best way to identify mushy belly is to compare to Edie. Feel hers first, and then Puff.

Edited by dnalex

I do have medigold. I can start tonight if you think that is the way to go. Should I continue the .3% salt?

Is it the same treatment regimen as the MMs?

Not yet, but I'm glad you do have. Can you try to feel his belly?

Kanamycin can be renotoxic, but I don't think, and is counterindicated if there is evidence of kidney damage. However, as Puff is ok in that aspect, I think MG is OK. I am really hesitant to use MMs all the time, and also I think that MG is much better for wen & eye issues.

I did feel his belly and I think it feels a little squishy? Its so hard to know being inexperienced :( It feels slightly softer than Edies, like maybe if you were to push on a balloon that is really fully, there is some give, but it is not like complete mush.

Yes, that's actually exactly the description I was looking for actually. I think the infection last time did not get cleared completely and it came back. I think that you should either go with MMs or MGs, since I think eventually Puff will get extremely floaty again.

What do you think, Fede?

He's already very floaty, he has been for awhile. When he isn't bottom sitting he is head standing, doing barrel rolls, gulping etc. :( It's one extreme or the other.

In that case, please put him back on MMs. Remove the salt, as per normal procedures. All this needs to be done in QT. :(

Is it MMs over MG because he is floaty?

Is it MMs over MG because he is floaty?

:thumbs:

I agree! The MG is a little intimidating to me because I have had a few fish react to it.

Tithra, I forgot to mention this, but do you have a scale? Could you weigh Puff (by taring a container with water, and then adding Puff). I would like to have him eat at least 2% of his body weight, distributed 3-6 times/day, according to your schedule :)

I don't have a scale but I can try to get one, it's been on my list of things to get.

He is floating on his side at the top of the tank this morning! :(

Oh darn. Start the meds then. For floaty fish I usually hand feed them pellet after pellet. It takes a while but it works very well.

Oh, no :(

He's not in a C-curve, is he?

Get meds into him as quickly as possible, please. Is he able to right himself at all?

No, no c shape. He's just super floaty. He's flipped onto his belly a few times, something I have never seen him do. He has tried to right himself and to swim down to the bottom but he is a mess.

I picked up a 20 gallon long last night for him and moved him from the 29 to that and dropped the water level to half this morning.

I started mms last night,

There's no salt in the tank right now.

Sorry Puff is doing worse again, tithra. :( It doesn't look good in my honest opinion, but I hope I'm wrong and he pulls through. I think you're doing everything you can. :heart

After what happened with Blondie I don't think it is ever too late with fish. It just depends on them sometimes. She really wanted to heal and so she did :) She was C-shaped an all so...

Yeah that's fine, I definitely wasn't trying to imply that she should stop trying or anything like that. And like I said, I hope I am wrong on this. :)

Tithra, Puff has been eating the MMs? It's great that he does.

Keep up the good work :)

Yes. He ate them last night, I had to hand feed him this morning, and I am home right now on my lunch break to check on him, I lowered the water level even more so that he could reach the bottom and he just ate another 3 pellets. I am headed out to look for a scale today. Here's a quick video, he's definitely floaty, but is still trying to swim right and still interested in eating, and he is no longer floating on his side :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z9cH3s-QovA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK, good! :)

Do you think you can get a scale? I think that it's really important to weigh him and the food, so that we know the minimum that needs to be fed daily.

Hang in there!

Yes, where is the best place to get one? I figured I would try an office supply store first. Other ideas?