Tank Upgrade Pics! 40 Gallon Breeder : )

tithra

Okay, doesn't sound like such a bad idea either. I have a buddy who put just 2 ranchus in a 50 gallon, start out at 2 inches and in just 1.5 years are now somewhere around 6-7 inches. Your fish are gorgeous, most especially Edie, since we have the same name ;)

^ wow, that's crazy they grew that fast! That's what I am hoping will happen :)

Thanks for the compliment on my fish, I think they are pretty gorgeous too, I love seeing them every day :) I would love a little ranchu like you have though some day.

I know! I'm really jealous because we bought Franklin (my bigger ranchu) at the same time that he bought his 2 fish and Franklin is still just around 4.5 inches.

A ranchu would be a great addition to your tank. Contrary to what some believe, I think Orandas and Ranchus mix well together, aesthetically and socially. :)

• 9 months later...

Hi Everyone! I came across a deal I couldn't pass up today :)

I have been wanting to upgrade my 29 gallon tank, but my bf is not super supportive of the idea of a large tank... but I finally wore him down to agree to a 40 gallon breeder :)

I am actually really happy with it. I love that it is low and wide, it feels like the perfect goldie dimensions! So, here's my new tank!

Please let me know if you have any ideas for where I should put plants etc. I am not sure that I am totally happy with where the plants are yet. BTW the anacharis in the back is being held down by a suction cup :)

Video: (I cannot figure out how to imbed :( )

http://s436.photobuc...nt=CIMG0003.mp4 (please excuse my cell phone ringing at the end!)

CIMG0013.jpg

What kind of plants are in this tank?

i like the tall ones.

;) funny to see this since my tank looks nothin like this anymore.

But the background plants from left to right are crypt retrospiralis, anacharis, and jungle Val. All great easy fast growing plants :)