Small photoshoot of the tropical tank

number20121

Finally added a background to the 55 gallon tropical tank and planted some of the bulbs. Not much difference with the plants, so no focus pics of them. Instead lots of pics of the fish, and the new guy! Yes, a new guy. A beautiful high finned sunburst platy. High finned is an understatement though, his dorsal is so tall that he can barely erect it. Instead it looks like a long, yellow veil on his back :)

Here we go:

This is actually 4 photos edited together to give a nice non-flash view of the full tank. You can see the onion plants and aponogetons between the flower pot and the driftwood.

11201100.jpg

The new guy, still nameless. He really stood out to me at Pet$mart.

11201102.jpg

11201106.jpg

11201113.jpg

11201115.jpg

11201116.jpg

The other platies. Rocket (silver-blue base) is such a cool looking fish, and Lucky (red) is turning into such a pretty little runt.

11201107.jpg

11201108.jpg

11201122.jpg

11201123.jpg

11201124.jpg

11201110.jpg

Goldie loves the divider :heart

11201126.jpg

randomish shots

11201101.jpg

11201103.jpg

11201104.jpg

11201105.jpg

11201109.jpg

11201111.jpg

11201112.jpg

11201114.jpg

11201117.jpg

11201118.jpg

11201119.jpg

11201120.jpg

11201121.jpg

The black neons are still a full dozen! I am proud of my angels for not eating them :rofl

11201125.jpg

11201127.jpg

The angels again. "Moon" is really the most perfect name for this fish

11201128.jpg

"It's a trap!"

11201129.jpg

The two big boys like to stare each other down through the divider. They do this literally half of the day LOL

11201130.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Your tank is so clear! I love it! Everyone looks very pretty. And that newbie has some serious finnage!

How come you need the divider?

Your tank is so clear! I love it! Everyone looks very pretty. And that newbie has some serious finnage!

How come you need the divider?

You see the two angels that stare each other down? Cid (the golden pearlscale) will totally beat Locke's rear without the divider. I'm waiting to get a lot more plants and have the two small angels grow full size. That way the plants will give more privacy and with there being three "targets" instead of one, this might keep these fish from murdering each other if I remove the divider.

Angelfish are such a PITA. :rofl

The divider only keeps the angels separate. There are small holes cut into it which allow all the smaller fish to move back and forth, and the big pleco simply glides over top of the divider :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Thanks! Just too bad the glass is quite scratched up. But even with that, it was an amazing craigslist deal since so much stuff (fully functioning wet/dry filter with tons of bio balls, and a UV filter) came with it and it was only $ 50. I'm not gonna say NO because of the scratches :D

gotta love craigslist especially if you would like to get shot and buried in ohio.

anywho, i love your new yellowfish, and i think his name should be "Yellow Fish" (like the green lantern) i enjoyed his yellow cape, he's a super hero!

I really like the new background! It looks great!

Why no pictures of sucky fish!? He's my favorite :(

Sucky Fishie demanded to be paid $ 20 per photo. I didn't have that much money at hand, so he got mad and decided to hide in the big cave during the photo shoot :rofl

Moon is such a beauty! :) I can haz her?

No you can't haz!!! (I tend to think it's a he though :P:D )

I think it's so great that you cut holes in the divider so the smaller fish can swim back and forth!

You have such a great selection of fish, Fang.

Thanks for sharing.

mj