Oranda Fry!

AquaAddict

That said, 6wks and 1in in length is a good ratio! Like lionchu said, you won't notice too much length growth in the next few months, but they will definitely bulk up. My first batch from this summer is roughly 6mos old (give or take a week) and they are all about 2in. But you should see their conformation! :yikes

Yes, we would like to see!!!! :please

Patti, the fry are so cute. I hope you are on the mend and that you get in your new house soon.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kinda fortunate to get a bit more time to heal before I move. I hurt my back around a month ago. Monday night I tried to pick up a bucket of water and my back and hip popped and i about fell in the fry tanks. They decided i probably pinched a nerve. It took a few days to be able to walk on it but I am now felling much better.

Thank you guys! I am felling 100x better. I got to go to the doc here in a few hours then a buddy of mine and I are on our way goldie shopping!! I am going to meet him so he can pick out his first goldfish. I got him infected with the bug. I had to return the favor since he got me back into discus full swing.

• Admin

I am kinda fortunate to get a bit more time to heal before I move. I hurt my back around a month ago. Monday night I tried to pick up a bucket of water and my back and hip popped and i about fell in the fry tanks. They decided i probably pinched a nerve. It took a few days to be able to walk on it but I am now felling much better.

Wow Im sorry to hear that... I know that pain, if you makes you drop to your knees, most likely is a nerve. Becareful, make sure you keep it rested. Or it can come back 10 times worse.. Trust me. I got just about every back pain there is.... :(

Feel better :thumb:

well i just got back from the chiropractor and she said I am pretty messed up. I have 2 more appointments this week. Apparently I had 18 vertebrae, shoulders, elbows, knees and hips were all out of alignment. She also said I had 4 pinched nerves. :no: The good news is i feel much better today than i did last week and Ki and I are off goldie shopping. Sure hope we find some nice ones!

I LOVE my chiropractor!! and have scoliosis, and osteoporosis, pinched nerves, bone spurs, degenerated disks,and he has saved my life!I was walking hunched over and with a limp 2 years ago you would never know it to see me today :)

Right on. Glad to hear your feeling better. Hope you stay that way. Great picture. I love the color of the fry against the red back ground.

Thank you. If you promise not to tell anyone I will let you in on a little secret. It's hot pink :no:

• Supporter

Right on. Glad to hear your feeling better. Hope you stay that way. Great picture. I love the color of the fry against the red back ground.

Thank you. If you promise not to tell anyone I will let you in on a little secret. It's hot pink :no:

I'm starting to think I'm color blind. I'm just going to start making open ended statements like "oh they look good against That color........"

Dont worry because of the lighting most people think that it is red. Lots of people have been in my basement and call it red. I dont correct them :)santa

I will get some soon maybe even pic of a single tail if one will let me take its photo! I am going to keep a few single tail ones to see if any grow a wen. I figure with a 450 gallon growout tub I can make room for a nice single tail or two. Fang what color do you want? Get a spot ready, If i get a nice one It's yours. I figure i will get orange and some red/ whites. But thats anyones guess.

LMAO are you serious? Let me overthink that really good, after all I amresisting that ryukin at Petsmart due to room reasons :rofl

That said, red/white would be neat, but I am not overly picky. :rofl

Serious you are the only reason I even thought to keep a few. If a nice one turn up its only fair to give you first pick. Not to mention you have almost 10,000 posts and are always one of the first to come to help when someone is down on their luck.

LMAO are you serious? Let me overthink that really good, after all I amresisting that ryukin at Petsmart due to room reasons :rofl

Serious you are the only reason I even thought to keep a few. If a nice one turn up its only fair to give you first pick. Not to mention you have almost 10,000 posts and are always one of the first to come to help when someone is down on their luck.

Why are people so nice to me over the last few days? Am I going to die soon??? :rofl (let's hope not!!)

I simply find nymphs very interesting and appealing. I love that willow Steve currently got up for sale. So thanks a lot, I will definitely try to make some room somehow :D (I guess THAT's why I am not supposed to buy that ryu at Petsmart :D )

You are both awesome. :D

That said, 6wks and 1in in length is a good ratio! Like lionchu said, you won't notice too much length growth in the next few months, but they will definitely bulk up. My first batch from this summer is roughly 6mos old (give or take a week) and they are all about 2in. But you should see their conformation! :yikes

Yes, we would like to see!!!! :please

Patti, the fry are so cute. I hope you are on the mend and that you get in your new house soon.

Yeah, pretty please with sugar on top :D

Here are some pics of the group and a few single tails that I am curious if any will grow wen.

010-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

Tonight i snapped a few pics during water changes. The pics are of 2 batches of fry. The ones in the clear tubs are 2-3 weeks the ones I took pics of in the orange bucket are just over a week. I have 4 containers so each fry pic are the babies out of one of the totes. Each spawn takes up 2 totes. The last one(orange buckets) was huge! Anyways here they are the babies

The colander i stole from the wife and wrapped in netting to keep small fry out!

014.jpg

Colander floats on water then I just scoop the water out without having to worry about the babies.

013-1.jpg

Fry totes

012-1.jpg

1 week old fry

011-2.jpg

More one week old fry

010-3.jpg

2-3 week old fry

009-5.jpg

2-3 week old fry

008-4.jpg

After i get the totes down to the last few inches i gently pour the babies into a 5 gallon bucket so i can clean out each tote and get out all the slime before i put the babies back in. I wipe them all clean daily with paper towels. It is amazing how much gunk gets stuck on the bottom and sides in just a days time.

I got a few pics of the big kids this morning while changing their water. I put a few of them i a bowl so they would be easier to photo. We have around 100 this size in a 55.

018.jpg

017-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

015-1.jpg