Dead Zeb Pic warning

When I was taking pictures the other day to see what was wrong with my little Zebadoo I wanted to show you his fins to see if there was something I could do.

As I was taking the pictures, that's when he croaked. It freaked me out because I noticed he wasn't breathing and he was just floating there. He didn't look any different. No leaning on his side or anything. I started yelling at him to move, don't die! And I thought maybe it worked. He bobbed his mouth and flinched his little fins but alas, it was the final reflex. Sooo sad. :bye2:

I wanted to show this picture to see if there were any signs you could notice of any illness or problems with the water. I don't want it to spread to the other fish if it was communicable. This was a few days ago (almost a week) and I've changed the water 80% and all the other fish seem to be fine and happy.

!!!! WARNING !!!! GRAPHIC IMAGE BELOW!!!!!

...and then there were 5

IMG_20111113_144931.jpg

:( I'm so sorry for your loss :( RIP Zebadoo

(I do like your captions though)

You may want to post a thread regarding this in the diagnosis section of the forum and fill out all the info in the required form (tank size, water parameters etc.)

They extra info may help in determining potential causes of death.

So sorry for your loss :[

cant help with diagnosis really, but he does look a bit bloated/oddly-shaped so perhaps it could be some internal problem? im sure somebody knowledgeable here will be able to help, but like Tithra said perhaps post it again in the diagnosis forum with the relevant info to help the process.

Awe thanks CMB. I'm fine. The first few days as I drifted off to sleep I'd see him floaty staring at me for farrrrr tooooo loooong. ugh...

I also have a video of the moment I was figuring out if he was gone. Practically hysterical. Yelled at my man to get out of bed and scoop him out. I couldn't watch.

Oh well, these things happen. And that's why the man is around the house. lol ;)