Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

All The Runts Are Telescopes!

Maybe that is why they look like "runts" compared to the other fry, because they have different sires ;)

I looked at all the small ones, and they all have really black eyes, if observed from above, you can just barely make out the little telescope bulge heehee.

They are also getting black on their tails!!!

And some of the big giant fry, are getting orange on their sides! And one has a white belly heeheehee.

SOOOO exciting!!

They will be 6 weeks old on Tuesday.

Jessica

Awwwww, they sound so cute!!! How exciting to see what colors they are becoming and what types they are!!

that is too cool!!!!!! i swear, i can feel you beaming with joy!!! :lol:

i want some fry! just to say that i raised them from eggs would be soooo cool!!

jealously yours,

paul

Hey Paul, if they ever lay eggs again, I'll mail you some eggs to hatch! :P

Do you know anything about color/genetics. I mean for the telecope fry. The mom was White, and the dad a Black Moor, could I get a Panda out of that? :lol

I noticed one of the fry looks like it's tail is half gone, but the more I look at it, the more I think it's tail just turned white, with a black band around the top half, making it look like it's gone.

I am going to fish that fry out and take a closer look. I think right now, it's black and white!! But it's really too early to tell for sure what colour it will be.

Put some romantic music on for your fish, and maybe they will spawn! :D

Jessica

*sigh* it seems that i have an, unknown until recently, affinity for picking out male fish. every fish i own is male, even my cory, dojos, and plecos, i swear! well, i do have a female razorback musk turtle. but no girlies in my fishtanks! ive been thinking about trying to get shaggy a female to breed with! you should see his breeding stars during season! :lol

as for variants in each batch goes, because you dont know the lineage of each parent, theres probably no way to tell for sure but, im very intrested in finding out if you get any "pandas" out of your little wigglers!! :D

i veiwed a page a while back that explained a few things about breeding and variations that you may get from different mixes. i think they were dealing with known gene pools. ill see if i can find it again.

can eggs be sent via ups/fedex/usps safely?! if that were possible,for a few from the next batch, i could send you a money order or something for the cost!!!! :happydance