Pics of my Crew

CindyGen

Your fish are beautiful! I went into your Flickr album to look at Fifi and Gastone as well. Gastone is gorgeous! :D

Btw, are some of these fish from Raingarden?

Edited by dnalex

I'll get this image posting thing figured out soon. Thanks I loff them all! All of them are from RG except for the little pearlscale Fifi. I didn't plan to buy her, but I felt guilty leaving her at the petstore. She was just so insistant that I pay attention to her.

Edited by CindyGen

I've been so happy with the fish I got from Steve and he is terrific about answering questions. I am going to look for the next ones with RG too. After I get everyone in the larger tank, I think I will get one more for that tank for a total of four for the big tank, and then I can get two more for the 26 gal tank, but I think I may get smaller ones this time lol. Fifi may go into that tank and I might get one more pearlscale to keep her company. I'd like to get one that is close to her size though. I have at least 40 days though before the bigger tank is cycled and I can move fish into it. So I have to sit on my hands and not buy any more !!!

I love Victoria! I remember seeing her on raingarden and wish I had more room!

And OMG, I remember Gastone! I loved that fish, he is so unique looking! I recently looked at the ryukin gallery again and noticed him gone. You and I have a similar taste in goldfish :rofl

All of them are so gorgeous! You definitely have to post a video of these guys soon :)

Thanks everyone, I am so in love with them. I changed everyone's water this morning and everyone is looking happy and healthy.

I'm especially nervous about Fifi because she is so tiny and there were at least two dozen fish in the tank with her at the store, one of them had either swim bladder or dropsy, but I am pretty sure it was swim bladder. I ordered some meds from GC last week just in case she comes down with something in quarantine. When I got her she was not round, she was very slim, now she is round like a little ping pong ball. I keep assuring myself that is normal for her type, but I am watching very closely for any raised scales. So far she seems healthy though, she is like a little rocket when I feed her. She seems me coming and zoom she is right there waiting! I think she will be a lot of fun to have around.

Gastone is ... well he's a guy LOL. Nothing seems to bother him, he eats like a vacuum cleaner and he's very active swimming around, he likes to look at himself in the reflection on the tank wall. Maybe he thinks that is another fish. Thankfully he is not so big that he is uncomfortable in the 10 gal Q tank. He has some room to move around and I had put in some smaller river rocks for him to push around. He also likes to play in the bubbles from the airstone.

Edited by CindyGen

• 2 weeks later...