The Legume: A Growth Blog

kortniee

I just love how well his fins have grown out. Wow!

Wow, le legume looks amazing! His fins have really grown and taken a stunning shape :heart

He looks amazing, and growing so fast.

Aw thanks guys. :D I think he has become a very handsome young man also. What I need to do is take some real pictures of him and post those. Perhaps I will do that when I re-decorate his tank this weekend.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His fins are more beautiful each month :)

Wow, this is facinating! I He's turning into a beautiful little guy!

His fins exploded!!! They are getting really full. Good job, Courtney. :)

Thanks, Haley, Jenny, and Amazing Dan. :D I shall pass on your compliments to the Nut.

You need to update your signature! He looks nothing like that now :D

I know... that picture wasn't even taken in his current aquarium, which I set up in the middle of August! :yikes

Basically I just need to take some dang pictures. Hopefully I can do that this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

May's nearly over!

Peanut072611.png

August 28, 2011

Peanut082811.png

September 29, 2011

Peanut092911.png

October 31, 2011

Peanut103111.png

November 28, 2011

Peanut112711.png

December 31, 2011

Peanut123111.png

January 28, 2012

Peanut-2012-01-28.png

February 26, 2012

Peanut-2012-02-26.png

March 31, 2012

Peanut-2012-03-31.png

April 30, 2012

Peanut-2012-04-30.png

May 29, 2012

Peanut-2012-05-29.png

That picture above is the most accurate one I got this month, but it's not lit very well. Sorry about that. Peanut does appear to be back to growing at least a tiny bit, though, which is awesome! Here's a better lit and much prettier picture but one that's not as accurate because he was farther back in the tank than he is when I measure him usually:

Peanut-2012-05-29-Alt.png

:heart this kid's fins. He's getting to be quite a stunning fishy.

absolutely beautiful :heart how do you get him to stay still right there!?

I don't! I stick some dried tubifex to the side of the tank and stick the ruler on underneath it, then I take a video of him eating--sometimes 10 or 15 minutes worth! Then I go back through it and try to find a frame where he's lined up with the ruler, then use the best frame for the measurement. It takes a long time, and I don't know what I'm going to do when I have more than one fish. But it seems to work well for now.

:heart this kid's fins. He's getting to be quite a stunning fishy.

Yes, he is. :)

Thanks, Shawn! I should take and post more actual pictures of him but I've been having camera frustrations lately.

Peanut is so gorgeous! This blog is not just a growth blog, but also a testament to how patience rewards :)

I am really happy about how this blog is turning out. Peanut has been an awesome fishy to follow. He was kind of a funny-lookin little dude at first, wasn't he? I loved him then but he has definitely blossomed.

Growing into such a pretty fish!

Thanks, Amy! I am happy to have him.

Wow peanut is be becoming way too gorgeous!!!

Thank you, Fede. :) I can't wait to see him in a big pretty tank; I think that will be stunning.

• 1 month later...

Peanut072611.png

August 28, 2011

Peanut082811.png

September 29, 2011

Peanut092911.png

October 31, 2011

Peanut103111.png

November 28, 2011

Peanut112711.png

December 31, 2011

Peanut123111.png

January 28, 2012

Peanut-2012-01-28.png

February 26, 2012

Peanut-2012-02-26.png

March 31, 2012

Peanut-2012-03-31.png

April 30, 2012

Peanut-2012-04-30.png

May 29, 2012

Peanut-2012-05-29.png

I'm runnin' a little bit behind on this one this month. Sorry bout that. Here is the newest picture (I actually just took it, but if I label it with the correct date, it will make me really confused in a month when I go back to find there's already one for July).

June 30, 2012

Peanut-2012-06-30.png

This is the only reasonable picture I got, because Peanut for some reason decided to try to eat his food in a completely different way than he usually does, which resulted in a lot of not-straight-on video stills. I don't think he's grown much in the last month, but he's gotten to be a pretty big boy so his growth may well be naturally slowing down. His fins seem to be still going at it, though.

I need to make a new measuring tape again. The current one decided to fall apart. Sigh. And I need to keep an eye on him, I think. I can't pin down a reason why, but the way he was trying to eat differently tonight just seemed kind of off. Hopefully it's just the heat or something. My house is averaging about 85 degrees during the day with the AC on constantly, which hasn't been happy for any of us. Except my betta Roland, who is just as happy as can be.

Look at those fins! That's one gorgeous Peanut! :D

I think that it's probably reasonable that as they grow, they also start to just get bigger in other dimensions in addition to length. This is quite impressive.

Have you increased the amount of food you've been feeding him, accordingly?

Look at those fins! That's one gorgeous Peanut! :D

I think that it's probably reasonable that as they grow, they also start to just get bigger in other dimensions in addition to length. This is quite impressive.

Have you increased the amount of food you've been feeding him, accordingly?

I haven't increased his food a whole lot in the past few months as my nitrates haven't been quite where I want them and I don't want to make it worse. He will soon be the lone fish in a GIANT tank for at least a month or two, though, so I'm sure I can feed him as much as is even a little bit sane for a while after that. :D

Oh Wow Peanut is becoming a big beauty !! I love his tail :wub:

Thank you! I love him also. :heart

:yikes fins fins fins............he has them........would never have guessed it based on his first pics.....

truly interesting experiment........top of the class! lol

wonder if its genetic or to do with the hikari food brand...................so interesting

wow peanuts turning into a hottie......................

His tail looks to be getting vey big! Super pretty :)

Thanks Haley. He is growing up to be an awesome fish.

:yikes fins fins fins............he has them........would never have guessed it based on his first pics.....

truly interesting experiment........top of the class! lol

wonder if its genetic or to do with the hikari food brand...................so interesting

wow peanuts turning into a hottie......................

Thank you for the compliments, coco. I really am glad I've stuck with this for so long. It's great to be able to look back and see where we've come from. :)

What a difference! I love seeing them back to back, you can really spot all the little changes! I will have to find a way to get my fish to line up like that so i can start doing this!

• 2 months later...