The Legume: A Growth Blog

kortniee

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NUT easily doubled in size!

I know, right? My Nut is getting so hefty!

hes so cute! he's getting so big!! Is it okay if i try out your idea with the tape? It would be cool to see if B&E are growing :)

Definitely use it! I would love to see the results. :)

I love this thread. He's so cute!

Thanks! I shall pass on the compliment. :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys!

It's that time again...

July 26, 2011

Peanut072611.png

August 28, 2011

Peanut082811.png

September 29, 2011

Peanut092911.png

October 31, 2011

Peanut103111.png

November 28, 2011

Peanut112711.png

December 31, 2011

Peanut123111.png

January 28, 2012

Peanut-2012-01-28.png

February 26, 2012

Peanut-2012-02-26.png

March 31, 2012

Peanut-2012-03-31.png

Not much growth this month. Peanut's been feeling a little under the weather, and lately I haven't been feeding him quite the volume I usually do because his tank is salted, which means his plants are not in the tank with him, which means I don't have a way to absorb extra Nitrates like I usually do. Hopefully he'll feel better soon and he can keep growing. :) He does look a tiny bit skinnier this month, I think.

He also may be slowing down. He is getting to be a big boy, after all, and may be nearing the end of his growth spurt.

Edited by kortniee

Oooh! I love this thread! Thank you so much for posting, i really want to document my goldies growth when i get them but couldn't think of an easy, effective way. but this is just perfect! Peanut is quite the beauty, i hope he starts feeling better soon!

Aw. His caudal fins are taking on a nice shape, though! Hopefully, he will get to go back to his normal diet soon, and grow fast! :)

I also noticed that his pelvic fins seem to be getting extra flowy lately. I don't pay much attention to his fin growth here but that is definitely happening also.

Oooh! I love this thread! Thank you so much for posting, i really want to document my goldies growth when i get them but couldn't think of an easy, effective way. but this is just perfect! Peanut is quite the beauty, i hope he starts feeling better soon!

I am glad you like this. Definitely try it and let us know what you come up with. Thanks for the get well wishes!

Yes I noticed his tail right away :)

Poor Peanut I hope he feels better soon.

Thanks, Fede. He seems to be acting pretty normally the last few days so I think he is doing pretty well.

His fins are getting very pretty!! I hope he gets better soon :)

Thanks! I will pass on your compliments and well wishes to Peanut.

How fun to track his growth, I hope he feels better soon. Thank you for sharing :)

I also hope he is on the mend. And I agree, it has been awesome to be able to look back and see his changes over time.

Ooh.. I love your blog :wub:

It's neat to see the growth!!

I am glad you like the blog! I am pretty happy I managed to have this idea somewhat close to when I got Peanut.

What a fun blog I also love your measuring idea ;) I hope Peanut feels better asap :) and by the way the tank comparison shots blew me away I couldn't believe how much bigger he got :) way to go peanut!!!!

Thanks, Shell. :) I was also really surprised when I found those tank shots. Even though I've been measuring him all this time it was still surprising to see that particular comparison!

he's like a cashew now instead of a peanut :rofl soon he'll be a walnut! lol, sorry, just had to.

He's adorable :)

But... but... he has to stay the Peanut. There might be other fishies who need to be Nuts also, if you catch my drift... :D

He is growing into such a pretty fish!

Thanks, Amy! I agree.

• 4 weeks later...

Another month gone.

July 26, 2011

Peanut072611.png

August 28, 2011

Peanut082811.png

September 29, 2011

Peanut092911.png

October 31, 2011

Peanut103111.png

November 28, 2011

Peanut112711.png

December 31, 2011

Peanut123111.png

January 28, 2012

Peanut-2012-01-28.png

February 26, 2012

Peanut-2012-02-26.png

March 31, 2012

Peanut-2012-03-31.png

April 30, 2012

Peanut-2012-04-30.png

I didn't get a whole lot of video stills to work with this month because Peanut ripped the whole tubifex chunk off the wall within about a minute of me putting it on there. Which is why this month's photo looks a little funny.

But his tank has been salted this whole month, so he still hasn't gotten his plants back, so I haven't been feeding him as much, so he hasn't really grown much this month. I think his fins might've filled out a little, though.

I plan to put his plants back in this coming weekend (for reals this time. fingers crossed.) so hopefully we can get back on a more-than-subsistence kind of feeding schedule.