Sign in to follow this  
RanchuDressing

The Ranchu Duo!

Fargo (white ranchu) and Chowder (calico) are probably my all-time favorite goldfish. The two of them are just so much fun to watch in the new and improved Tacky Tiki Tank. They swim with that classic ranchu shimmy, and love to beg for food.

Thought I'd share a few pics from last night:

Fargo looking smug:

fargotiki.jpg

Chowder browsing for food (as always!):

chowdertiki.jpg

Chowder's big mug:

chowderfront.jpg

Just the two of us:

ranchupair.jpg

Wheeeeee! Volcano!

chowdervolcano2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! These two will be joined soon by Pirate, a small black ranchu I currently have in QT. I can't wait until my duo becomes a trio! :newfish

They are by far the cutest duo :) and I LOVE your new gravel and background!!!Can we have a full tank shot please?????

Your kids are very cute. I agree, full tank shot! :D

Wriggly cuteness overload!!! I love them both, although I have to confess to having always been a huge fan of Fargo!

I wish for smooth sailing with the rest of Pirate's QT, and looking forward to the Tacky Tiki Tank becoming a trio :)

Love the wiggly fishies, and the new improved tiki tank!

Thanks for sharing!

mj

They are so cute!! :goldfish:

They are as beautiful as ever :D. Are these the two from Tommy?

very nice dee dee! they look great :) Pirate's gonna enjoy his new friends :)

I too vote for a full tank shot!

Both are absolutely lovely, and as hard as it is to pick a favorite, I am always very fascinated by fully white goldfish. :) And Fargo seems so pure white except for that little bit of pinkish glow, but I tend to assume that's the tank lights causing this? Because it looks very similar to what is going on in my own tank :D

They are as beautiful as ever :D. Are these the two from Tommy?

Yep! Both are Goldfishnet fish, as is the little black ranchu I have in QT. I've had Chowder a year, and next month it will be a year for Fargo.

And Fargo seems so pure white except for that little bit of pinkish glow, but I tend to assume that's the tank lights causing this? Because it looks very similar to what is going on in my own tank :D

That pinkish glow really is a trick of the light -- his wen is pretty much as white as his body. His wen is like a barometer for his health; it's so light that I can see the slightest bit of redness or irritation or pimple. If Fargo's wen is white, all is well. :)

OK, guys -- full tank shot soon, I promise! I should have taken one last night.

Adorable as always. :) I love your Ranchus! Makes me sad I don't have any. :(

Fargo and Chowder are total beauties!! :heart. Are they slow swimmers? My ranchu was always a little slower than my other fish. Their colors are almost iridescant! Hope Chowder's black stays as it is so pretty. I'm sure you must be super impatient to have your new baby join them :D. Oh and definitely pics of that event!! Please! :)

Fargo is so gorgeous, one of my absolute favorite fish on here :) I can't wait to meet Pirate!

Fargo and Chowder are total beauties!! :heart. Are they slow swimmers? My ranchu was always a little slower than my other fish. Their colors are almost iridescant! Hope Chowder's black stays as it is so pretty. I'm sure you must be super impatient to have your new baby join them :D. Oh and definitely pics of that event!! Please! :)

Thanks, Trinket and everyone, for all the nice comments on my fish! I'll be sure to tell them that they were a hit on Koko's today.

Trinket, they're definitely not what I'd call fast swimmers. Chowder, the calico, sometimes looks like he's swimming in slow motion as he moves across the tank, just sort of waving his tail slowly as a propeller. They both swim pretty much constantly, which is awesome because they're fairly large. Get the food out and they're both insanely fast (for ranchus anyway!). But they could never compete with a zippy young singletail, no question.

I hope Chowder keeps his black too. So far, a year in, there's been no change. I've had good luck with black goldies since living in this town -- I think it might be the water, but that's not based on any science. But all my black and calico fish here have kept their black. I probably jinxed my good fortune by saying that! :rofl

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! These two are by far on my list of favorites on Koko's. I can't wait to meet pirate :)

Maybe my next fish will come from Tommy :)

It's getting a bit repetitious, but those two are two of my favorites also.

In fact, I think when I first joined here, your siggy and pics are what made me a huge ranchu lover.

We all will be looking forward to seeing your new addition join the fab twosome!

These are great sexy little fishes , where are they orginaly from and what colors were they when you first got them ?

Thanks! These two were imported from China, from Tung Hoi Aquarium. I got them from Goldfishnet.com. Both of them were the colors you see now -- one white, one calico. There hasn't been any change in the year I've had them, and I'm happy about that. :)