Sign in to follow this  
Carol Miller

Why does my baby oranda not eat?

Hey folks, my new Oranda Molly came into my life exactly one week ago as a friend for Flossie - arrived 6 weeks ago. When Molly arrived she seemed to eat well but the last two days she is ignoring anything I put into the tank. Flossie would eat everything so I keep a close eye, but there is no bullying going on, all my water parameters are fantastic and I have tried different foods. I have used Tetra natura Brine shrimp mix which is a gel like subsance as is the Fresh Delica Daphnia and/or blood worms and and Tetra Gold Japan pellets which sink as I'm aware gulping at the top of the tank could cause swimbladder for my little ladies. She is swimming around happily but she seems to take the food into her mouth and then spit it out immediately, I have also had a good look at both fish and there doesn't seem to be any other problems except my concern about Molly not eating. Is there something wrong with her?

Hi, Carol, would you please start a thread in the D&D section, and be sure to answer the questions up top in that section. Spitting out food is often indicative of a possible fluke infection or something that is irritating to gills and/or mouth.