Good bye little silver moon

Woke up this morning to find little silver moon had passed on im not to suprised as she has not eaten in a few days and has not moved from that same spot on the bottom on the tank. i am now fishless :( :(

we will see if i get the metro meds today our mail doesnt come untill 2'o clock so we will see too late though to save moon.

took my 80 gallon tank apart soaking my sand in bleach water solution and boiling my drift wood pieces scrubbed the filters clean with bleach water.

so sad i loved all my little fishies and now they are all gone :(

I am so sorry to hear that! :(

About bleaching the sand though, I would figure this is not a great idea? I mean, sand is quite porous and might absorb too much of the chlorine. Maybe getting new sand would be the better and safer idea.

Bleaching everything else is a great thing too. I'd also toss all the used media and bleach the filters and intakes as well as decor, get new air stones, then do a fishless cycle. Supporting it with Nutrafin Cycle might help a bit to speed it up, or at least will help after cycling, when you add you first fish.

I don't know what exactly caused the deaths of your fish, but take it slowly adding new fish. After getting the first one, QT each additional fish for at least 6 weeks with prazi and salt to make quite sure you don't get any diseases with the fish. If all your previous fish were from the same LFS, you might even want to change LFS.

I am So very Sorry for all of your losses :( I know only too well that loss in the fishy dept can happen like this :( I agree with fang and would toss the sand and bleach everything else!!!Take it slow when you start over,that is what i am doing presently ;)

Again So Sorry for your Loss :(

yeh thats probably a good idea to toss the sand be way more easier. im pretty certian my fish died from catching somthing from my bf tank you may rember how we had problems with the utility company wrongly charging us 1000 dollars and turning our lights and water off for like a week untill we got a lawyer i was afraid my fish would died with no filtration and no way of being able to change the water so i put them in my bf 55 gallon for the week which is when they all started getting sick from bacterial infections.

im deff going ot be waiting quite a while and be very very picky about the new fish i get who knows maybe ill get one from rain gardens i dunno dont really wanna think about new fish yet

I'm so sorry. :(

You'll know when you're ready for new pals. Take your time and you'll know when the right fish is for you. :)

I agree with Fang's sand advice though. It's probably best to start fresh. Bleaching everything else is a great idea.