Bad fishie habits

dalek3

My fish have taken to the habit where if something just moves or casts a shadow they immediately begin to gulp at the surface for food :( my question is how can i stop this annoying habit? i have tried fasting them which doesn't work any ideas are good ones!!!!! Thanks :)

i think thats how they are. mine does that all the time. all the goldfishes ive seen from other people do the same thing.

Really? mine do it for hours

i think thats how they are. mine does that all the time. all the goldfishes ive seen from other people do the same thing.

bours? hmmmm im not sure if that's normal. mine stays on top for a few minutes but when they realize it isnt feeding time, they tend to just go about their nirmal aquarium life. haha

bours? hmmmm im not sure if that's normal. mine stays on top for a few minutes but when they realize it isnt feeding time, they tend to just go about their nirmal aquarium life. haha

Ha Ha !!!!!! :D maybe my fish aren't exactly straight in the head :P

When I move, mine follow me around the aquarium, begging for food. But after a minute or so if I stand still, they will go back to normal. If they gasp at the top for long periods of time, it could mean gill flukes or lack of oxygen in the water. Do you have an air pump?

When I move, mine follow me around the aquarium, begging for food. But after a minute or so if I stand still, they will go back to normal. If they gasp at the top for long periods of time, it could mean gill flukes or lack of oxygen in the water. Do you have an air pump?

Yes i do have a air pump. And i checked the fish no gill flukes. :) Whew

That's why I only feed mine once a day....I don't want them to expect to be fed every time they see someone. Mine keep busy digging through the gravel like pigs. :D

Do you have sand or gravel for them to pick through? That keeps mine busy.

Yes i have gravel but only the comets dig through it the ryukins don't bother they only dig when food falls :)

Oreo makes a lot of smacking noises too. The first noise I ever heard him make was a squeak. It freaked me out -- squeaky goldfish?! Now I realize that he makes smacking noises and that one was just squeakier than normal.

• Supporter

I have a female betta who lunges at my fingers when I feed her. It's not like it hurts, but it startles me and then I scream like a girl;). Also I think my tetras smoke crack. Now that's a bad habit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yes i do have a air pump. And i checked the fish no gill flukes. :) Whew

You cant really check the fish for flukes unless you have a nice microscope. If you do have this then ignore this comment... Flukes typically are seen by behavior

My fish have taken to the habit where if something just moves or casts a shadow they immediately begin to gulp at the surface for food :( my question is how can i stop this annoying habit? i have tried fasting them which doesn't work any ideas are good ones!!!!! Thanks :)

just to be sure-your Ph is good and doesn't fluctuate? Gulping up top can also be low Ph.

have your fish had prazi yet ??

Yes

just to be sure-your Ph is good and doesn't fluctuate? Gulping up top can also be low Ph.

Hmmm i'll go check :)