Sign in to follow this  
ilovefantails

IM BACK WITH GOOD NEWS!

Hola amigos! long time no see huh? well today i have got some exciting news...

Yesterday I noticed eggs in the aquarium! yaaaaay!

This proves rolo is a girl (I thought she was a girl cause her bum is an outie) .

there are some eggshell bits in the tank where Billy most likely has nommed his own children!

I bought a new algae magnet thing, and last night, i noticed some orangey lumps on it, with a few little fragments of eggshell, and a white, unfertilized egg. some of you will know i have a barebottom tank, so there are only about 5 or 6 eggs left, on top of the algae magnet.

This is the first time I have ever seen a fishie egg, and they look so cool! like clear orange jelly wiith a black/ grey dot in! I wonder what my telescope x fantail babies will look like- if they survive.

bye for now! xxxxx

PS I really shouldnt be a stranger! I have been looking round and there are lots of new members :P

Hey welcome back! :)

How exciting to hear your fish are having babies! If you want to keep them, you will have to remove them from the main tank, or they will either be eaten by the parents or sucked into the filter. With only 5 or 6 eggs a small 10 liter container should be fine for now. If you really want to get into this, you can get a bigger tub later on :)

Hey young lady...long time no see! Good to see you back! Eggs, eh? That means you're doing everything right! Keep up the good work and stick around a while, huh? :ehh

hey hun! good to see you back here :bighug

looks like your fish are happy and healthy to be spawning.. good work!.. you should post us some updated pics so we can see how well they're growing..

grr.... cheked back this morning and looks like Billy and rolo had a tasty feast last night....

ah well, will hopefully spawn sometime again soon! :) xxx

nice :) you don't need to feed them now.. but if you were considering raising their babies, you need to remove the eggs otherwise they will get eaten. have a look at some of the breeding diaries other members have posted.. you will get a good idea of what is required so that you are prepared for the next round :)

How exciting! I think it would be so cool if my goldfish mated... but I'm not sure that I would be able to take care of the babies at this time in my life. I'm too busy! Congrats, though! I hope to see pictures, soon. :)