Sign in to follow this  
dalek3

Themes?

Okay so my tank is boring, i admit all it has is a silk fake plant, TARDIS decor, and a anubia so boring i got the TARDIS to try a Dr Who theme but i can't find a dalek decor so iam thinking about the TARDIS in ancient Rome!!!!!!! like The Doctor traveled in time to ancient Rome!!!! I like it :Jig: but i want some more themes rather than my nerd ones :P if you have any theme ideas please give them to me!!!!!! Thanks (hey if this isn't in the right part of the forum please move it thanks:) )

do you mean like an Asian theme or like dragons or something like that??I currently have my tanks decorated for fall :)

like this

ctmpphptcVXsI.jpg

I like the roman ruins type, maybe in combination with a vulcano bubbler. That way you can pretend it is the "The Fires of Pompeii" episode :D

My vote is for an asian theme. I think that it goes really well with goldfish. You could make it look like the ruins of a Buddhist temple or some thing. I do have to say that I love the fall theme that shellbell went with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I like the roman ruins type, maybe in combination with a vulcano bubbler. That way you can pretend it is the "The Fires of Pompeii" episode :D

HA HA!!!!! also will it be safe coating a dalek figure with resin and putting it in? :)

HA HA!!!!! also will it be safe coating a dalek figure with resin and putting it in? :)

I don't know 100%, but I think it should be fine, if it is fully coated and dried. But make sure that it is not hollow.

I'm a big fan of theme tanks. I have a wonderfully (in my eyes, anyway) tacky tank with a tiki theme, and I've done a few other themes over the years. Another favorite was mermaids.

My LFS has a display tank set up in a pirate theme. It's adorable.

do you mean like an Asian theme or like dragons or something like that??I currently have my tanks decorated for fall :)

like this

ctmpphptcVXsI.jpg

Hey if you dont mind where did you get those plants? and do they have Metal in the stems?

No metal in the stems and the leaves are silk and I got them at my local dollar store ;) and i love them :)

I want to do a cartoon themed tank sometime. Like the tiny themed tanks sometimes sold.

No metal in the stems and the leaves are silk and I got them at my local dollar store ;) and i love them :)

Oh Im going to keep an eye out for some :thumb: Thank you :)

My LFS has a display tank set up in a pirate theme. It's adorable.

Ooooo! Pirates! i removed everything except a silk plant so i can have more room to put things in or take out so far the asian theme sits well with me because iam korean i think that i could show my heritage and culture in my tank!!! :)

Right on! Can't wait for pics!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Cool! I love Asian theme tanks.

I dream of a 120 with a pirate and castle theme. Half of the tank will be ocean with deserted island, and half will be jungle with a castle. :)

I totally LOVE that episode of Pompeii from the Doctor. He's so dreamy. I'm not sold on the newest Doctors though. Sorry, a little off topic. :krazy: