Hello question from thefishofultimatejoy's friend

dalek3

hello iam thefishofultimatejoy's friend with a question :) call me The Doctor for now until i can get my computer fixed so i can maybe join this forum :) So my question is my pearlscale (the one mentioned in the Kindness post) has developed a more forward pointing head and puffier scales not exactly sure what to do so any suggestions would be helpful and koko i hope you allow friends borrowing other friend's accounnts sorry if you don't :)

Test Results for the Following:
  • * Ammonia Level0
  • * Nitrite Level
  • * Nitrate level
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?API drops
  • * Water temperature?75F
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?250gallon 4 months
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? aquatop 300 gallon canister filter
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? once every 2 weeks

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?just last week 25%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?2 fish fantail 5inches pearlscale 4inches
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? seachem prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? once every day half a teaspoonful
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?no
  • * Any medications added to the tank?no
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.none
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?nope
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? he sits on the bottom for about 2 seconds and then swims, rests, swims, rests

Hi there! Welcome to koko's! :)

It would be very helpful to get readings for some of the info on the list that are currently blank so that our more experienced members can help you best.

Can you get exact numbers for nitrite, nitrate, and ph? Most fish stores will do this for you for free if you do not have access to a test kit for these things.

Also, is there any way you can provide a picture or video for what is going on? That would be very helpful as well! :) thanks!

Edited by tithra