Sign in to follow this  
magpie14

Fish Advocacy

Hello fellow fish lovers,

I am writing you all today because I've had enough of the horrible treatment fish receive as pets. I am starting a fish advocacy front to address the misconceptions about fish keeping that lead to millions of deaths of pet fish. I'm hoping to get people interested in joining in on this. I want to change how the world sees fish. We've all seen the videos on YouTube that appall all of us. This kind of abuse it what arises because the general population does not have respect for fish as a species. They deserve rights, just like cats, dogs, and other pets.

I am looking for anyone who wants to take part in changing the world! Web developers, writers, photographers, fish gurus, and just general fish lovers! Please let me know if you're interested. I'm in the process of building a website currently. Send me a message, reply to this topic or send me an e-mail at hbrolander@gmail.com

Thanks guys!!

Well you are at the right place to find fish lovers. Get something going and I will back you up.

:)

Well you are at the right place to find fish lovers. Get something going and I will back you up.

:)

^^Agreed!

I hope fish used as food are included too. Though with the laws we have in place excluding poultry , I don't have much hope for humane fish slaughter.

There's some irony in some one complaining about a pet fish being in a large enough aquarium, while they eat some fish flesh from a factory trawler that probably died a horrid death.

I hope fish used as food are included too. Though with the laws we have in place excluding poultry , I don't have much hope for humane fish slaughter.

There's some irony in some one complaining about a pet fish being in a large enough aquarium, while they eat some fish flesh from a factory trawler that probably died a horrid death.

But...but I love seafood. :( Blackened Salmon...Lemon-Herb Tilapia...Beluga Caviar...mmmmm

Loving seafood is OK. It's just a matter of treating the fish decency and respect and giving them a humane death.

Some of the videos that I see on YouTube are unbelievable. They think it's cute when a fish is upside down...it's "playing dead". :saywhat

I'm pretty sure everyone here will back you if they can! :)

I agree about the fish for food thing too .. I think if we're going to kill an animal for food, the least we can do is treat it kindly. But I sense achieving that is very unlikely :(

:exactly I have spent time on trawlers...it isn't pretty. It's always worth thinking about where your food comes from for sure :)