This is the problem

http://s1186.photobu...nt=MOV_0396.mp4

State of Quarantine Tank

Ammonia =0

Nitrite =0

Nitrate =0

Ph = 7.4

kh GH= testing now

Got the fish this Sunday and fully cycled filters with 2x Aqua one 1250 advanced filters been on place for several months.

Tank 30G

Edited by Geeros

I have no experience dealing with what the orange has but I Wish You The Best Of Luck do they have names cause i just dubbed them King Arthur- Orange and Excalibur- White :) hope they make it!!!!!!!!

I know that getting medicated food is well near impossible in the UK, but I think that you will need antibiotics for sure. Is there anyway you can get to a vet and get them to prescribe you Flagyl/Metronidazole?

I have no experience dealing with what the orange has but I Wish You The Best Of Luck do they have names cause i just dubbed them King Arthur- Orange and Excalibur- White :) hope they make it!!!!!!!!

That just awesome will call him that if he makes it what a cool name...

I know that getting medicated food is well near impossible in the UK, but I think that you will need antibiotics for sure. Is there anyway you can get to a vet and get them to prescribe you Flagyl/Metronidazole?

I will call the vet tomorrow luckilly we have a fish vet local used him before, do you think a salt bath or permanganate bath would help.

A salt or PP bath will be helpful if and when the cysts burst, but until then, I don't think they will do much. Is your QT cycled? If so, a 0.1% salt concentration can be helpful, but if the tank is not, I would hold off until after talking to the vet before making a plan of action.

Q tank is cycled but reckon it will go wild now fish are in, will keep this updated each day cheers d.

Will keep the tank under water quality tests each day and not move to fast on him been used to real bad conditions so will make changes slowly.

He is eating and no sign of fin clamping fingers crossed for king art.

Sorry to see these, but well done on the rescue. They now at least have a happier future ahead.

These kind of cysts usually rupture and the microbes that are released are only half dead when they ooze out. For this reason alone, a QT is a very good idea. You can change water fast as soon as you see any bursting. If you miss it, dont worry just change out the water which will be loaded with the toxins soon as you can as they are still infectious. The reason this is often a viscious circle disease is what is released can again infect. The good news is, if you can do large water changes as they erupt for a few weeks, the fish can usually deal with external cysts far better than when they are internal.

If these fish were to have been left in their old situation the cysts would eventually internalize without the water changes. This can be fatal.

0.1% salt meanwhile is easy to keep tabs on and definitely a good idea as Alex suggests.

Thanks very much for all the advise will begin salting, you can move the thread if you like.

The white film has nearly gone from the eyes and will keep the thread updated.

Thanks again.

well this week has gone well, film of eye from the gold has totally gone amazing how goldies can healup when in the correct conditions and the salting is working very well, only been 6 days and already they are familiar with a feeding routine and 8.00am and 7.00pm when i get home.

had to tell the mrs off as she was feeding them during the day and was messing up me ammonia levels up i like a strick tight feeding time lol!

Edited by Geeros

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya hope your all ok,

Bit concerned about the Goldfish i rescued was looking better but over the passed few days not looking so good, have a look see what you think.

http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/z371/geeros/?action=view&current=video-2011-11-01-21-34-14.mp4

Red lumps are now fully red, but sides are looking really sore

Hey just wondering how long you've been salting and what your water change routine has been. Trinket suggested external cysts and those are gonna probably pop if they haven't already. Keeping the water clean will help prevent any secondary infections from showing up from the oozing gunk.

Does changing the water stres them out? How are they pooping?

Hiya bod,

So far none have burst was hoping they would, water change routine with salting every 2 days at 50% 80% if i feel the test is more green then yellow on the API drop test.

The Silver one luvs a water change however the Gold on is very stressed and also where located in the quaranteen tank is very nervy i would guess its from being in the 10ltr tank.

I was thinking of putting some cover in the tank but afraid he will smash into it.

Edited by Geeros

It looks from the video as though the orange one is the only fish that has the cysts, is this right? If so, I would maybe suggest quarantining that one, so that if the cysts do burst the other fish is not exposed :)